January 25, 2004 4:29:20 PM

here's the spec:

AXP 2400+ throughbred - b 2.0 ghz
Epox 8RDA+ Nforce 2
Chaintech GF FX 5200 128ddr
htl 512 ddr 333 (2 x 256)
300 watts generic power supply

Problem:
Its not booting up... i boot it up first but wen theirs a floopy error and i tried to sort out if its just not dat tight or i inserted d wrong side of the cable.... after doing that its not booting up... what seem's to be the problem??? this is the first time i encountered from my 1 year assembling pc..... its kinda bad shot to my client.... experts i need your help... thank you in advance....

More about : asap

January 25, 2004 5:28:18 PM

If I understand you, you changed the floppy cable connection & it still didn't boot? If so, did you change the cable at both the mobo & drive?
Is this a new build?
Can you access BIOS?
January 25, 2004 5:53:03 PM

What do you mean by not booting up? At what stage of the proccess do you have your problem? What is the exact nature of your problem?

<b>wooooow <font color=red> Killer Klowns </font color=red> ... from <font color=blue>outer space</font color=blue>... HOLY SH¡T!</b>
Related resources
January 25, 2004 6:26:02 PM

yes! kill clowns from outer space, now thats a great movie. rofl

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
January 25, 2004 8:45:00 PM

One of the best!

<b>wooooow <font color=red> Killer Klowns </font color=red> ... from <font color=blue>outer space</font color=blue>... HOLY SH¡T!</b>
January 26, 2004 1:08:20 PM

Often times to a solution find
be clear of speech and straight of mind.
The help you seek comes faster to thee
when the problem is laid out for all to see.
So begin anew with the problem of you
and we shall endevor to understand it too.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution
January 26, 2004 1:36:28 PM

OK... Correct me if I'm wrong but the sequence of events is this:

1)Build PC
2)PC boots, but gives floppy error
3)fiddle with floppy connections to try to fix it
4)PC does not boot at all

Is that right?
If so, how far does it get? does it simply do nothing when you turn it on, or does it get some way through the POST and then stop with a different error? Or do some Fans spin up but nothing else happens? As a poster above has said (although more poetically than usual :wink: ) give some more details and we can give more specific ideas.

[EDIT] oh yeah - you probably don't want to know this, but your gfx card is a lemon, big time [/EDIT]

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ChipDeath on 01/26/04 03:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
!