Freeze at "Starting Windows"

Hey guys the title says my problem. I read all the threads here regarding this issue but none of the solutions really seemed to work. Anyhow this is my personal situation:

This is not the first time this happens. This happened a few months ago after a driver install but this time there was none of that. I uninstalled some games thats it.

There are a few things I can actually do. Safe mode, safe mode with networking both work. "Last working configuration" doesn't help. Also, I successfully restored to 3 days earlier through safe mode with networking yet the problem still persists. Again, I would like to stress that this problem occurs before the login screen, it occurs at "Windows loading" with the logo flashing as it usually does then freeze. This is why I don't think it has anything to do with Start up services.

This computer has been working for 2 years now.

Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about freeze starting windows
  1. Bump
  2. Get into safe mode and open command prompt then type in 'sfc /scannnow' and press enter
  3. hey thanks for the quick reply! i'm doing it now gonna post results once its done
  4. scan did not find any violations
  5. Bump! Help
  6. I think you should get a Windows recovery or windows setup CD
  7. Where would I get that lol
  8. bump
  9. bump :(
  10. bump
Ask a new question

Read More

Safe Mode Networking Windows 7