Need a definitive answer to this question please.

Mike

Splendid

I made a previous post asking how to rollback the
firmware on my MN500 as I've been having problems ever
since I installed the newest update through the Broadband
Network Utility. My question is, would rolling back the
firmware even do anything? Did the update install a new
firmware for the MN500 or did it only add
fixes/patches/modifications to my system? I want to
return to my old configuration before the update but it
doesn't look like that's possible. Is a format the only
solution?

The firmware on a base station has nothing to do with whatever computer it
might be attached to, Mike. I've set up routers here from a Tablet PC, and
then let it run attached only to the DSL feed and the power outlet while
using it wirelessly. No computer is physically attached to it. What issues
are you having which cause you to want to roll back the firmware?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I made a previous post asking how to rollback the
> firmware on my MN500 as I've been having problems ever
> since I installed the newest update through the Broadband
> Network Utility. My question is, would rolling back the
> firmware even do anything? Did the update install a new
> firmware for the MN500 or did it only add
> fixes/patches/modifications to my system? I want to
> return to my old configuration before the update but it
> doesn't look like that's possible. Is a format the only
> solution?

The latest update (released earlier this month) didn't update the firmware
of the MN500 (assuming you were up to date on updates prior to this recent
one.

The latest update did update the BNU software.

Without knowing your issues that you are having, it is a little difficult to
provide solutions.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I made a previous post asking how to rollback the
> firmware on my MN500 as I've been having problems ever
> since I installed the newest update through the Broadband
> Network Utility. My question is, would rolling back the
> firmware even do anything? Did the update install a new
> firmware for the MN500 or did it only add
> fixes/patches/modifications to my system? I want to
> return to my old configuration before the update but it
> doesn't look like that's possible. Is a format the only
> solution?

Mike

Splendid

Ever since I installed the update, I cannot establish a
wireless connection with my laptop. Neither the internet
or file sharing over the network works. Did the latest
update install any Windows XP hotfixes that had some
affect on wireless networking capabilities?

What version of the MN500 firmware did you have prior to the update?

What wireless NIC is in your laptop?
What version of drivers is your wireless NIC using?
What OS is your laptop using?