Hi everyone,

nothing serious but when I start up my desktop computer, Windows
Explorer automaticaly shows the System32 directory. My computer run XP
SP2 with 4 users and the trouble occurs with both of them.

I am programmer, I know Windows well enough but I can't find why this
trouble occurs. I tried anything :
- a control of the start up services and programs
- a control of the registry with Registry Mechanic (witch is the best!)
and manualy with Regedit
- a control of the boot initialisation files content
- and of course, an antivirus scaning with the more recent virus
definition database.

Since two years, I have never reinstalled Windows. I apply all the MS
updates and I feel this Windows version works very nice.

Another question : I am looking for a software to clean off the users
settings hidden folders, to erase the uninstalled progams data and
parameters. Is someone knowing a safety software able to perform that
?

Excuse my english but I am a french man...

Thanks and regards,

Hamed Kalbar

--
hamedkalbar

hamedkalbar <hamedkalbar.1v3adm@pcbanter.net> wrote:

> nothing serious but when I start up my desktop computer, Windows
> Explorer automaticaly shows the System32 directory. My computer run XP
> SP2 with 4 users and the trouble occurs with both of them.
>
> I am programmer, I know Windows well enough but I can't find why this
> trouble occurs. I tried anything :
> - a control of the start up services and programs

Anyway, see if this article applies:
"System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP, Windows 2000,
or Windows NT 4.0" http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;170086

--
d-d

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#7