I want to get rid of an unwanted search toolbar (internet ..

Each time I open my Internet explorer or a common folder, an unwanted search
toolbar appears. This toolbar has at the left corner the indication "Remove
toollbar". When I place the cursor above this "icon", I get the indication "
Home page" and when I click I go initialy to the directory :
http://find-101.info/search.php?q=adware and then at the same time I go
to http://www.giantexplorer.com/result/"adware"&source=go-nick-160-180
As I checked in the "add or remove programs" no suspicious program is
listed. Could you please help me?
7 answers Last reply
More about unwanted search toolbar internet

    Aris wrote:

    > Each time I open my Internet explorer or a common folder, an unwanted
    > search toolbar appears. This toolbar has at the left corner the
    > indication "Remove toollbar". When I place the cursor above this
    > "icon", I get the indication " Home page" and when I click I go
    > initialy to the directory :
    > http://find-101.info/search.php?q=adware and then at the same
    > time I go to
    > http://www.giantexplorer.com/result/"adware"&source=go-nick-160-180 As
    > I checked in the "add or remove programs" no suspicious program is
    > listed. Could you please help me?

    Go through the following malware removal steps:

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    In article <F1F882DE-B213-49FE-A02B-0ABA4EB14F66@microsoft.com>,
    Aris@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > Each time I open my Internet explorer or a common folder, an unwanted search
    > toolbar appears. This toolbar has at the left corner the indication "Remove
    > toollbar". When I place the cursor above this "icon", I get the indication "
    > Home page" and when I click I go initialy to the directory :
    > http://find-101.info/search.php?q=adware and then at the same time I go
    > to http://www.giantexplorer.com/result/"adware"&source=go-nick-160-180
    > As I checked in the "add or remove programs" no suspicious program is
    > listed. Could you please help me?

    Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    Also, do not post HiJack log files here - there are HiJack groups for
    just that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for
    looking at them.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Spyware tools, in order that I
    would use them myself:

    AdAwareSE can be found here:

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

    The following are two links to Antivirus software in order that I would
    use them:

    You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
    from here:
    http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

    Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
    name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
    get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
    admitted to in this group.

    When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
    in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

    If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

    Only download files from Trusted Sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
    along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
    need to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
    the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
    software.

    In article <6hhUe.1460$JN5.873@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    Also, do not post HiJack log files here - there are HiJack groups for
    just that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for
    looking at them.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Spyware tools, in order that I
    would use them myself:

    AdAwareSE can be found here:

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

    The following are two links to Antivirus software in order that I would
    use them:

    You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
    from here:
    http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

    Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
    name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
    get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
    admitted to in this group.

    When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
    in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

    If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

    Only download files from Trusted Sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Use any antispyware application in order to clean your system. I recommend that you download and install one of the following programs:

    MS AntiSpyware (Beta), from http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx.

    Ad-Aware, from www.lavasoftusa.com.

    Spybot S&D from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Aris" <Aris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F882DE-B213-49FE-A02B-0ABA4EB14F66@microsoft.com...
    > Each time I open my Internet explorer or a common folder, an unwanted search
    > toolbar appears. This toolbar has at the left corner the indication "Remove
    > toollbar". When I place the cursor above this "icon", I get the indication "
    > Home page" and when I click I go initialy to the directory :
    > http://find-101.info/search.php?q=adware and then at the same time I go
    > to http://www.giantexplorer.com/result/"adware"&source=go-nick-160-180
    > As I checked in the "add or remove programs" no suspicious program is
    > listed. Could you please help me?

    Do NOT download ANYTHING "pcbutts1" posts here. There is no telling what
    you are really downloading. The good people who made these programs do not
    like pcbutts1 doing this but he doesn't care and posts them anyway.

    Alias
    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote

    > Download, install, update and run all of the following.
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
    >
    > Spybot search and destroy
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
    >
    > Ewido Security Suite Trial version
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
    >
    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
    > save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group
    > so that I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who
    > will tag along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it
    > elsewhere. I need to see it not them.
    >

    > HijackThis
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
    >

    > The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has
    > given the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
    > their software.

    > "Aris" <Aris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Each time I open my Internet explorer or a common folder, an unwanted
    >> search
    >> toolbar appears. This toolbar has at the left corner the indication
    >> "Remove
    >> toollbar". When I place the cursor above this "icon", I get the
    >> indication "
    >> Home page" and when I click I go initialy to the directory :
    >> http://find-101.info/search.php?q=adware and then at the same time I
    >> go
    >> to http://www.giantexplorer.com/result/"adware"&source=go-nick-160-180
    >> As I checked in the "add or remove programs" no suspicious program is
    >> listed. Could you please help me?

    Dear Alias, thank you very much for the input. You were the only one to help
    me!!!!

    Ο χρήστης "Alias" έγγραψε:

Internet Explorer Internet Windows XP