JP-- stuff on backbox

I just picked up a Jurassic Park. It came generally off location. It's
been a while since I've played with one of these. On the top of the
backbox is a metal flange that's in front of a bunch of what I suspect
are burnt-out lights. Can anyone tell me what this was for? IE, would
it be best to remove it, or is there some practical reason to hold on to
it?

PS: any good backbox mods out there? Sure, I could find a bunch of
plastic dinosaurs... but there's got to be better things to hang on a
cabinet.

There should be a row of bulbs, a shiny metal light deflector and a JP
header. The lights and deflector light up the header. LTG :)

Lloyd Olson <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote:

> There should be a row of bulbs, a shiny metal light deflector and a JP
> header. The lights and deflector light up the header. LTG :)

Thanks for the info. Since I assume the standard Jurassic Park headers
are long gone, anyone have any ideas of what would make a good
substitute?

Keep an eye on Ebay, originals and repros show up regularly. LTG :)

> Lloyd Olson <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > There should be a row of bulbs, a shiny metal light deflector and a JP
> > header. The lights and deflector light up the header. LTG :)
>

> Thanks for the info. Since I assume the standard Jurassic Park headers
> are long gone, anyone have any ideas of what would make a good
> substitute?

One just sold one ebay for $50, one bidder.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Keep an eye on Ebay, originals and repros show up regularly. LTG :)
>
> "Boyd Bottorff" <bbottorff@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Lloyd Olson <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> > > There should be a row of bulbs, a shiny metal light deflector and a JP
> > > header. The lights and deflector light up the header. LTG :)
> >

> > Thanks for the info. Since I assume the standard Jurassic Park headers
> > are long gone, anyone have any ideas of what would make a good
> > substitute?

Adi

Those toppers are not that rare, but frankly, you aren't missing a whole
lot. It's just a dark gray piece of hollow plastic with some small bubbles
and Jurassic Park logo ingrained in it with black letters, big deal.
But, still, if you really want it, they pop up on Embay fairly frequently,
it is not a rare part.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Boyd Bottorff" <bbottorff@nomail.com> wrote in message
> I just picked up a Jurassic Park. It came generally off location. It's
> been a while since I've played with one of these. On the top of the
> backbox is a metal flange that's in front of a bunch of what I suspect
> are burnt-out lights. Can anyone tell me what this was for? IE, would
> it be best to remove it, or is there some practical reason to hold on to
> it?
>
> PS: any good backbox mods out there? Sure, I could find a bunch of
> plastic dinosaurs... but there's got to be better things to hang on a
> cabinet.

I still have 2 new ones here. Price would be $50.00 shipped. Send me
a private e-mail to order. Thanks!

JP has it's own topper. These bulbs would light it up and the metal flange
was to block the sight of the bulbs from the player and to direct to light
up onto the topper.

Keep the metal piece, mine doses have one. :)

Brian

amyotte <amyotte@personainternet.com> wrote:

> JP has it's own topper. These bulbs would light it up and the metal flange
> was to block the sight of the bulbs from the player and to direct to light
> up onto the topper.
>
> Keep the metal piece, mine doses have one. :)

That was supposed to be "doesn't", right? Interested in buying one?

Doesn't is correct. :) My main computer MB died and I am using an old
laptop with a mini keyboard.

Have to hold off on pinball purchases for a while.

Brian

In article <1h0w0mp.f7gg93ijqc7iN%bbottorff@nomail.com>,
Boyd Bottorff <bbottorff@nomail.com> wrote:
>Lloyd Olson <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote:

>> There should be a row of bulbs, a shiny metal light deflector and a JP
>> header. The lights and deflector light up the header. LTG :)

>Thanks for the info. Since I assume the standard Jurassic Park headers
>are long gone, anyone have any ideas of what would make a good
>substitute?

Perhaps it's bad memory on my part, but Mayfair is often a good source for
DE headers.

Orin

--
Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com