Moving mouse pointer

What's the deal with those mouse pointers that move by themselves? I noticed
that with both Microsoft and HP optical mice (umm, wonder if it is correct
to say "mice"). Is it because those are the cheap mice? Or is that a driver
issue? Most of the time, the pointers will move left. Are they trying to go
to the start menu (where do you want to go today?)??? :)
2 answers Last reply
More about moving mouse pointer

    Uncheck "Enhanced pointer..." in mouse properties.

    Michael wrote:

    > What's the deal with those mouse pointers that move by themselves? I noticed
    > that with both Microsoft and HP optical mice (umm, wonder if it is correct
    > to say "mice"). Is it because those are the cheap mice? Or is that a driver
    > issue? Most of the time, the pointers will move left. Are they trying to go
    > to the start menu (where do you want to go today?)??? :)

    Hi Michael,

    Thanks for posting here.

    You may refer to the following steps for a test:

    1. Please click start -> Run, and then type "main.cpl" (without quotation
    marks) and click OK to open Mouse Properties.
    2. Click Pointer Options tab, and then check whether the "Automatically
    move the pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is marked. If so,
    clear it.

    If the issue still occurs, please boot into Safe Mode, and if the issue
    persists in Safe Mode, I think this may be related to your motherboard. I
    saw some similar issues before, all of them were hardware issues...

    Hope this helps!

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:15:40 -0500
    >From: Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com>
    >Subject: Re: Moving mouse pointer
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    >
    >Uncheck "Enhanced pointer..." in mouse properties.
    >
    >Michael wrote:
    >
    >> What's the deal with those mouse pointers that move by themselves? I
    noticed
    >> that with both Microsoft and HP optical mice (umm, wonder if it is
    correct
    >> to say "mice"). Is it because those are the cheap mice? Or is that a
    driver
    >> issue? Most of the time, the pointers will move left. Are they trying to
    go
    >> to the start menu (where do you want to go today?)??? :)

Mice Pointer Microsoft Windows XP