Sign in with
Your question

Intel's weak support

Last response: in CPUs
January 28, 2004 7:53:19 AM

Athlon is a good and powerful PC It has many advantages, above all the 64 version is like piece of Gold on some rubbish.Now I'll gonna tell u why AMD is much much faster than Intel although P4 has an 800MHZ FSB and an 1MB L3 cache and 3.20GHZ with HT!
The main reason for athlon power is that it supports DDR,and DDR is suitable for it because when the bus from ram to processor passes(amd have their own bus,intel don't)they have designed it so that the pulses could pass like floating on surf.But intel uses the bus manufactured by unknown company.so they dont know how pulses will pass smoothly or roughly.When intel had RDRAM the bus was provided by RDRAM and RDRAM did best of it!DDR I accept is very fast but not smooth for intel it is just for AMD!I don't like DDRAM at all although I had a PC of 875P in my office.Please reply me back if I have said something wrong that u don't like.Your replies will be appreciated. thanks.

More about : intel weak support

January 28, 2004 9:48:49 AM

Ok im guessing 15 pages?? any takers on bets :wink:

---
"I thought i could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it turned out to be some ba$tard with a torch and a load more work"
January 28, 2004 10:18:21 AM

Wow, what a world. Im guessing english isn't your main language? There's a lot of discrepancys in that post. I won't even start.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here and beat this bad boy...
A64 3200+ w/ 1 GB DDR 400
2 36 gig raptors in Raid 0 complemented by an AIW 9800 Pro
Related resources
January 28, 2004 10:18:22 AM

Wow, what a world. Im guessing english isn't your main language? There's a lot of discrepancys in that post. I won't even start.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here and beat this bad boy...
A64 3200+ w/ 1 GB DDR 400
2 36 gig raptors in Raid 0 complemented by an AIW 9800 Pro
January 28, 2004 10:35:28 AM

Hm... :eek: 

You do know that Intel uses a QDR-bus, instead of AXP's (which I assume is what you're talking about, mainly) DDR FSB?... And that Intel also supports DDR, and therefore that cannot be the main reason for athlon's alledged supremacy?...

Another thing here: P4Cs (with 800Mhz FSB, or 4x200) are faster than equivalent AXPs by a whole deal. It takes an A64 to really downplay the P4Cs.
Quote:
they have designed it so that the pulses could pass like floating on surf.But intel uses the bus manufactured by unknown company.so they dont know how pulses will pass smoothly or roughly.

Well, Saad, they design their very own Busses. Intel has a quad-data-rate bus of their very own design (heck, ask VIA about it). There is no such thing as AMD having a bus superiority over Intel, as far as I know.

They are very different architectures. So things are unfortunately a little more complicated than that...

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mephistopheles on 01/28/04 10:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
January 28, 2004 10:48:32 AM

no way n00b! Apple G5 is the best - their advert said so.

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:
January 28, 2004 12:10:02 PM

Oh great another bash. Im saying 8-11 pages.

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.8)
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/720)
January 28, 2004 4:28:19 PM

Oooohh! Where can I get one of those 3.2GHz CPUS with 1MB of L3 cache (and HT to boot!)?? Oh wait, it doesn't exist, idiot.

Oh yeah, Intel supports DDR, it's what their 4 (maybe three) most recent chipsets have been using!! What do you mean not smooth?? Never heard that one before. Oh yeah, I have PC1066 RDRAM, it gets sh!ttier everyday; I wish I had DDR.

Maybe you, Kanavit, SoD and Coop (actually, not Coop, he knows something--some other idiot AMD fanboy) should have your own locked down section so you can be as dumb as you want and leave us alone. Frankly, you're possibly the dumbest yet, SoD could probably take you in an argument.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 28, 2004 4:31:56 PM

*snickers*

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.
January 28, 2004 5:03:56 PM

Quote:
The main reason for athlon power is that it supports DDR,and DDR is suitable for it because when the bus from ram to processor passes(amd have their own bus,intel don't)they have designed it so that the pulses could pass like floating on surf.But intel uses the bus manufactured by unknown company.

SoD, is that you?

First of all... AMD's bus was orginially based on Alpha's EV6 (if I remember correctly). Please explain how this bus is more AMD's than Intel's bus is Intel's. I would really love to hear it.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
January 28, 2004 5:04:00 PM

gothitbycar -- Is your main language English either? I think you meant discrepencies, not 'ys. :p 

p4 2.6 512 HT 800mhz
2x512mb pc3200 kingston mid grade
geforce fx 5200 ultra
western dig. 160 gb 7200 8mb
asus p4s800
January 28, 2004 5:28:29 PM

hey, im not the one under question here.

-----------------------
[mind went blank]
January 28, 2004 5:38:01 PM

this is definitly the work of SOD...long cluless posts that say...well nothing...

About intel's bus...they have been using varios diviations of GTL bus logic since the pentium pro...its a pretty solid design IMO.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 2:01:31 AM

You don't understand that the reason Athlon64's perform so well is that they have their memory controller on the CPU instead of the chipset.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 29, 2004 8:59:27 AM

:wink:

<b>wooooow <font color=red> Killer Klowns </font color=red> ... from <font color=blue>outer space</font color=blue>... HOLY SH¡T!</b>
January 29, 2004 8:59:28 AM

:wink:

<b>wooooow <font color=red> Killer Klowns </font color=red> ... from <font color=blue>outer space</font color=blue>... HOLY SH¡T!</b>
January 29, 2004 9:31:42 AM

How dumb are you chipdeath Are you still in the 4th grade
January 29, 2004 10:37:23 AM

I've repeatedly noticed you appear to be missing the ability to spot sarcasm....

Basically, the guy's writing with such an extreme parody of an 'I'm a fanboy' style, <i>plus</i> his <i>first ever</i> post has a wink icon. On that evidence, it's hard to not conclude he's a normal forum member having a laugh, so I was just 'playing along' an spouting some BS myself. :smile:

And not being american, I don't actually know how old 4th-graders are.... The US education system is not something I've ever had the slightest inclination to take an interest in.

I also assume - from your inability to punctuate - that either they don't teach it until well after the fourth grade, or you haven't progressed past it yourself :evil: 

So basically, "I'm l337 4nd u 5uxor" or something. :wink:

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 12:04:28 PM

>lease reply me back if I have said something wrong that u
>don't like.

Okay, but I'll be brief

>although P4 has an 800MHZ FSB and an 1MB L3 cache and 3.
>20GHZ with HT!

-Wrong.

>The main reason for athlon power is that it supports DDR

-Wrong

>(amd have their own bus,intel don't)

-Wrong

>They have designed it so that the pulses could pass like
>floating on surf

LOL.. well,
-Wrong.

>But intel uses the bus manufactured by unknown company

-Wrong.

>So they dont know how pulses will pass smoothly or roughly

Waaaaaahahaha.. Hmm.. well.. you guessed it ->
-Wrong

>When intel had RDRAM the bus was provided by RDRAM and
>RDRAM did best of it

I have no idea what you are saying, you'll just assume its completely:
- wrong.

>Your replies will be appreciated. thanks

You're welcome.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
January 29, 2004 12:14:01 PM

This guy is sort of as well, but only if the P4 has RDRAM it seems. I guess he's bi? Anyway, if he were bifanboy, then there's no need for another AMD guy: Kanavit and SoD can have at it while this guy confuses himself and argues with both.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 29, 2004 1:51:33 PM

This post is obviously a troll and all those who have taken it seriously need to chill out a bit.
I always find it strange the way people respond to obvious BS.

Some one on the other end of the net has had a royal time messing with you guys...

!