PCI and Doom 3

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hello,

Could someone please advise whether it is worth me purchasing a 5200 PCI
card for my Dell 2400 P4 512Mb machine?

As I am now unhappily aware, my m/board has no AGP slot and I will have to
rely on PCI. Would this machine ever be able to run the likes of Doom 3?

Thanks for any advice

Depends on your expectations. You'll never see a high level of performance
from that system, video-wise, because of the lack of an AGP slot - it just
was never intended as a gaming system - it's a budget system, which is
suited for things like office work and Internet browsing.

The ATI 9200 is a better card than that nVidia - just don't get the SE
version, which is more like the 5200 in performance.