FWIW: Auction Results - Orlando 8-06-05

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Well for what it's worth, I've posted the Orlando, FL 8-6-05 auction
results for pinballs below. I realize the raw numbers don't address
condition, buy-backs etc. But I thought some might find them of
interest. And of course I could have some mistakes :)

Williams - No Good Gofers - $1400
Bally - The Addams Family - 1775
Stern - Monopoly - 2000
Bally - The Twilight Zone - 1750
Zaccaria - Devil Rider (with xtra parts)- 300
Bally - The Addams Family - 2000
Gottlieb - Stargate - 450
Williams - Rollergames - 600
Chicago Gaming - Vacation America(sign on mach. Said "new") -
1150
Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 475
Williams - Swords of Fury - 450
Sega - Appolo 13 - 1000
Bally - Evel Knevel - 400
Bally - Judge Dredd - 700
Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 950
Gottlieb - Waterworld - 975
Bally - Rapid Fire - 225
Bally - Lost World - 250
Gottlieb -Cue Ball Wizard - 500
Chicago Coin - Hollywood - 400
Gottlieb - Super Mario - 350
Williams - Flash - 650
Stern - Hot Hand - 165
Williams - Jokerez - 650
Williams - Grand Lizard - 375
Sega - Golden Eye 007 - 1225
Williams - Firepower - 150
Gottlieb- Jet Spin - 500
Williams - Black Knight - 400

Rick

Very low number of vids, less than normal of pins. They moved up these
two auctions a month (next oct 1st), and are doing their xmas time
auction in Atlanta instead of Orlando. Mention was also made of the
passing of Rob's wifes' mother, and a card was there to sign, which
many did.

The pins were finished by 2pm.

The egg sandwich was good.

my opinions on the conditions...

Williams - No Good Gofers - $1400 beat, l flipper dead, but booted and
played
Bally - The Addams Family - 1775 worked, magnet wear
Stern - Monopoly - 2000 worked, good buy if you like the game
Bally - The Twilight Zone - 1750 worked almost all the way
Zaccaria - Devil Rider (with xtra parts)- 300 decent shape, worked, but
upper pf flippers dead
Bally - The Addams Family - 2000 worked, magnet wear
Gottlieb - Stargate - 450 DOA, dirty, but boards all there
Williams - Rollergames - 600 dirty but worked, possible display prob
Chicago Gaming - Vacation America(sign on mach. Said "new") -
1150 game worked fine, but lack of a dmd kills this game
Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 475 DOA, dirty
Williams - Swords of Fury - 450 Great shape, buy of the day, congrats
Ron Donahue!
Sega - Appolo 13 - 1000 worked fine, father bought for young kid
(future rgp member?)
Bally - Evel Knevel - 400 worn, played ok, had ONE display replaced
with a PINLED
Bally - Judge Dredd - 700 display garbled, trough prob, kept ejecting
balls
Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 950 worked all the way,
good shape
Gottlieb - Waterworld - 975 worked fine as far as I could tell, looked
decent
Bally - Rapid Fire - 225 worked at 8am, booted but would not fire balls
later
Bally - Lost World - 250 I think game came up but pf was not working
Gottlieb -Cue Ball Wizard - 500 missing rear legs and balls (perched on
trash can!), dirty, booted up fine
Chicago Coin - Hollywood - 400 nice shape, had reset prob
Gottlieb - Super Mario - 350 played ok early in day
Williams - Flash - 650 nice shape, played fine
Stern - Hot Hand - 165 DOA, dirty, I think some poker fans bought it
(good luck!)
Williams - Jokerez - 650 nice shape, booted and played
Williams - Grand Lizard - 375 looked good, 'adjust failure' on display,
never fully booted
Sega - Golden Eye 007 - 1225 bent gun handle, nice shape otherwise
Williams - Firepower - 150 DOA, missing pf glass
Gottlieb- Jet Spin - 500 nice shape, played good but kept playing ball
1 over and over
Williams - Black Knight - 400 DOA, someone said this same game sold for
$70 at last auction, so go figure
[...]

Didn't really plan on staying the day, but yakking with Ron D and the
guys helped pass the time.

I was very happy to get the Swords of Fury. I had been looking for one
for 5 years or more, and could not believe it was there. Out of all
the games there (including TAF and TZ) it was the one that I wanted
most regardless of cost. Cosmetic condition and function are good, but
the displays do not work. From the look of it, they can be repaired.
IF not, PINLED here I come. Also, the clip to lock the cabinet head up
was missing and it had different length Gottlieb lags ? on front and
back. So, with the head down, I think a lot of potential bidders
thought it was DOA. I am glad that the other guy bidding (I suspect it
was the owner) stopped, because I would have kept going for a long
time. It was nice to see the 80's games there. There were several
80's collectors there, but most stayed out of each other's way and kept
prices down.

My buddy got the Grand Lizard, which was as clean as I have ever seen
for a GL. If he was not bidding on it, it would have been mine, but I
have no intention of bidding against a friend. He returned the
courtesy on the Swords, which he would liked to have owned. He opened
it up, redid a few connections and reseated a few chips and bingo,
working 100%. He is an operator, and he was amazed, because he says
the breaks never go his way.

A good day for fans of the 80's. Two pretty clean EMs, including the
Jet Spin, which was in exceptional cosmetic shape. The 90's gams were
a little thin compared to the normal count, and they were not in the
greatest shape. The bright spot of the day was the there were about
1/2 to 1/3 of the usual number of videos, so the auction went quickly.

IT was real nice to talk to Spencer and see the other guys. The less
crowded auction floor was very much to my taste, but probably not what
the auctioneer wanted.

Ron

miracleman wrote:
> [...]
> 1150
> Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 475
> Williams - Swords of Fury - 450
> Sega - Appolo 13 - 1000
> Bally - Evel Knevel - 400
> Bally - Judge Dredd - 700
> Gottlieb - Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street - 950
> Gottlieb - Waterworld - 975
> Bally - Rapid Fire - 225
> Bally - Lost World - 250
> Gottlieb -Cue Ball Wizard - 500
> Chicago Coin - Hollywood - 400
> Gottlieb - Super Mario - 350
> Williams - Flash - 650
> Stern - Hot Hand - 165
> Williams - Jokerez - 650
> Williams - Grand Lizard - 375
> Sega - Golden Eye 007 - 1225
> Williams - Firepower - 150
> Gottlieb- Jet Spin - 500
> Williams - Black Knight - 400
>
> Didn't really plan on staying the day, but yakking with Ron D and the

A lot of the Williams games were re-imports judging by the coin doors(can
you say container queen). It was amazing to see the Freddy and the Stargate
go for almost $500. They were both dead and a bit rusty.

Mark Hooks