Closed

How to install language support without XP CD?

September 9, 2005 9:27:15 PM

I would like to install East Asian language support on my XP Pro sp2
machine but I no longer have the original CD that I used to install the
OS. I tried borrowing a friend's CD for XP Pro sp1 and the files seemed
to install properly from the i386\lang directory on the CD but the
language functionality still does not work.

Does anyone know if you can download the language pack from MS (I can't
find it on their site)? Otherwise, it seems that I need the contents of
the i386\lang directory from an XP Pro sp2 CD, which I don't have.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

--
oceanhai
Anonymous

You'll have to have your Windows XP CD.

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"oceanhai" wrote:

| I would like to install East Asian language support on my XP Pro sp2
| machine but I no longer have the original CD that I used to install the
| OS. I tried borrowing a friend's CD for XP Pro sp1 and the files seemed
| to install properly from the i386\lang directory on the CD but the
| language functionality still does not work.
|
| Does anyone know if you can download the language pack from MS (I can't
| find it on their site)? Otherwise, it seems that I need the contents of
| the i386\lang directory from an XP Pro sp2 CD, which I don't have.
| Thanks for any advice you can offer.

| --
| oceanhai
Anonymous
April 4, 2009 6:38:15 AM

:pt1cable:

| the i386\lang directory from an XP Pro sp2 CD, which I don't have.
| Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Related resources
August 10, 2009 9:25:45 PM

Haha,

I have the same issue, since I brought this damn HP with WindowXP already installed, thus I don't have the original CD, and these other fonts I need kept asking for Window XP Home Edition CD-ROM, and it relates to C:\i386\lang file, which is such a headache to get from other site.

If anyone knows an easier way to get this thing work, please advise, thanks. :o
Anonymous
September 8, 2009 1:43:22 PM

i have windows xp 2002 sp2 in hungarian i hate that :pfff:
can anyone say to me a place to download the language cd?? :)
Anonymous
October 10, 2009 11:15:26 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
October 10, 2009 1:56:44 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!