HP Pavilion 780n

i have a hp pavilion 780n just recently got but i cant get windows xp 2
load i was wonderin if any one knows if there is recovery cd's n where can
i get them it keeps sayin someting wit ntrld missing everytime it boots up

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:36:14 -0400, surhpcpu <sur1518@aol.com> wrote:
> i have a hp pavilion 780n just recently got but i cant get windows xp 2
> load i was wonderin if any one knows if there is recovery cd's n where can
> i get them it keeps sayin someting wit ntrld missing everytime it boots up

If you did not burn your recovery tools CD and recovery CD's or DVD yet
(which you should have done BEFORE tampering with anything or getting
infected), maybe you can get into recovery from the first BIOS screen
during boot. But it might go past that screen before your monitor lights
up. So try turning your monitor on, then immediately boot. I think it is
F10 for recovery (which probably boots the separate FAT32 recovery
partition).

PS: When I installed 64-bit XP Pro on my a530n it mangled my partition
table (changed heads/cylinders), so it could not boot itself or XP Home.
Fortunately I was able to fix the partition table using Linux fdisk from a
rescue CD with no data loss. But I had to do some guessing.

Linux to the rescue of Windows? How droll! ... Ben Myers