oldad

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2005

Dell XPS WinXP Pro SP2

On my drag and drop when I select a file , a little box pops up with
"Preparing to copy" and copying starts immediately and I have to go thru
this for the next file to be copied, because there is no wait for me to
select more files.

On the Smart Computing Forum this subject came up and several Folks advised
that the box on their XP Pro SP1 shows "You have files waiting to be
copied" and they can select any numbera of files to be copied then copy.

Any idea why mine is different and any way to change asitwould be nice to be
able to select more than one file before copying starts?

As a wild guess I wonder If its because I have Roxio 7 and/or SP 2

Thanks in advance

kelly

Hi,

Use Send To and when done make sure Common Tasks are showing (click Folders)
then burn. I am using the same as yourself. Good luck!

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"oldad" <ppswan@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Dell XPS WinXP Pro SP2
>
> On my drag and drop when I select a file , a little box pops up with
> "Preparing to copy" and copying starts immediately and I have to go thru
> this for the next file to be copied, because there is no wait for me to
> select more files.
>
> On the Smart Computing Forum this subject came up and several Folks
> advised that the box on their XP Pro SP1 shows "You have files waiting to
> be copied" and they can select any numbera of files to be copied then
> copy.
>
> Any idea why mine is different and any way to change asitwould be nice to
> be able to select more than one file before copying starts?
>
> As a wild guess I wonder If its because I have Roxio 7 and/or SP 2
>
> Thanks in advance

oldad

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2005

Thanks Kelly,
Appreciate that good info.
Regards
oldad

> Hi,
>
> Use Send To and when done make sure Common Tasks are showing (click
> Folders) then burn. I am using the same as yourself. Good luck!
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "oldad" <ppswan@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Dell XPS WinXP Pro SP2
>>
>> On my drag and drop when I select a file , a little box pops up with
>> "Preparing to copy" and copying starts immediately and I have to go thru
>> this for the next file to be copied, because there is no wait for me to
>> select more files.
>>
>> On the Smart Computing Forum this subject came up and several Folks
>> advised that the box on their XP Pro SP1 shows "You have files waiting
>> to be copied" and they can select any numbera of files to be copied then
>> copy.
>>
>> Any idea why mine is different and any way to change asitwould be nice to
>> be able to select more than one file before copying starts?
>>
>> As a wild guess I wonder If its because I have Roxio 7 and/or SP 2
>>
>> Thanks in advance

kelly

Most welcome and hope all is well. :eek:)