Sign in with
Your question

Intel to support AMD64

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 12:39:00 AM

I hate to say it,but I told you so:
<A HREF="http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040128/tech_intel_64bit_1.html" target="_new">http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040128/tech_intel_64bit_1.html&...;/A>
Quote:
You can be fairly confident that when there is software from an application and operating system standpoint that we'll be there," Otellini said, responding to a question about 64-bit technology, in an interview with a Wall Street analyst that was broadcast over the Web.

Quote:
"That's a very important statement in the sense that it more or less anticipates that there will be a single compatible technique that Intel will use and AMD is using now," Brookwood said.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

More about : intel support amd64

a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 1:45:19 AM

Intel gave AMD MMX, SSE2, and even x86, it would be time for them to get something back, but that would be very un-Intel-like.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 29, 2004 3:31:44 AM

Where is Eden when you really need him.
"While most personal computers in the market today rely on 32-bit microchips, 64-bit chips provide special advantages for running video games, producing video, or churning through large amounts of data"
He was soooo beligerent to me that 64 bit would be of no value whatsoever in gaming.
Related resources
January 29, 2004 3:41:00 AM

I still have my doubts it will make a significant difference in the next 3 years.

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.
January 29, 2004 3:43:18 AM

Yes spud, we all have our doubts.
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 4:20:12 AM

Nope. AMD introduced 3DNow, Intel introduced SSE. SSE was more advanced than 3DNow and didn't share extensions with it. This would be the first case of Intel using AMD instructions as far as I know. Intel doesn't even use Hyper Transport bus, which was probably AMD's most significant standard.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 29, 2004 8:11:02 AM

Crashman, you said

"AMD introduced 3DNow, Intel introduced SSE. SSE was more advanced than 3DNow and didn't share extensions with it."

From what I have read around the web it seems to be widely accepted, by programmers that have used both sets of extensions, that 3DNow! was in fact superior to SSE. In fact it seems that it is only with SSE-3 that Intel are finally adding in the equivalent of some of the original 3DNow! instructions (which will make it trivially easy for AMD to implement).

It seems that SSE succeeded because it was supported by Intel.

L
January 29, 2004 8:40:59 AM

Quote:
From what I have read around the web it seems to be widely accepted, by programmers that have used both sets of extensions, that 3DNow! was in fact superior to SSE. In fact it seems that it is only with SSE-3 that Intel are finally adding in the equivalent of some of the original 3DNow! instructions (which will make it trivially easy for AMD to implement).

Absolutely not! SSE has always been far superiour to 3DNow! To start with, it processes four floating-point numbers in parallel instead of two. Even more important is that it has eight registers all for itself while 3DNow! uses MMX registers. But as you probably know, MMX <i>already</i> alias the FPU register stack. This means 3DNow! makes it practically impossible to do integer and floating-point operations in parallel since there are just too little registers.

It has long been said that SSE lacked some instructions, but this is only true for the programmers that are not familiar with streaming SIMD. From that point of view SSE3 is rather useless but it allows other programming models, not really a speedup though...
January 29, 2004 10:42:08 AM

Interesting news, but, as far as I know, this doesn't mean that Intel will be adopting AMD64 exactly. It could be some variant.

Even so, adopting the x86-64 extensions will be a good thing, either way.

Question is, do they mean prescott has it?... Or should we wait for Tejas? From my point of view, Prescott might as well have it. It is coming late, which means they probably had enough time... and they're swimming in resources.

Will it also make a difference for prescott? Will Intel's implementation of the x86-64 extensions be any worse or any better than AMD's implementation? This probably makes a difference... but not for the next few weeks. Will prescott make us sigh?...

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
January 29, 2004 10:43:23 AM

Actually, were <i>is</i> Eden? I haven't seen a single post from him in a very long time. Wasn't he supposed to be the guy who never spent like more than 3 or 4 days without posting?

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 11:20:46 AM

>Interesting news, but, as far as I know, this doesn't mean
>that Intel will be adopting AMD64 exactly. It could be some
>variant.

Not really.. because he mentions when the OS and apps becomes available.. well only AMD64 OS and apps are being developped to the best of my knowledge. A different 64 bit extention to x86 would not run those apps, or the OS.

>Question is, do they mean prescott has it?.

Prescott definately has it, but its broken (alongside a lot other functionality which seems broken), and will not be activated at least until Tejas, if they can get it working by then. Do'nt bother asking for proof, I can't prove it, but just do some math on the transistor count, or read the thread on aces on the 44 million transistors in Prescott that are unaccounted for.

>From my point of view, Prescott might as well have it. It
>is coming late, which means they probably had enough time..
>. and they're swimming in resources.

There is one precious resource they are running out of: time. Intel PR is spinning this anyway they can (like "we are waiting for the OS before we launch"), but no one in his right mind would believe it. After all, when was the last time intel held back a x86 extention while waiting for the software to support it ? Was it SSE3 in prescott ? I thought not. SSE2, SSE, MMX ? x86-32 on the 386? protected memory in the 286 ? In fact, they never had, and it makes no sense either. Intel is scrambling...

>Will it also make a difference for prescott? Will Intel's
>implementation of the x86-64 extensions be any worse or any
>better than AMD's implementation?

I don't think there will a lot of difference, but that is just a guess.

>This probably makes a difference.

I doubt it. The only thing I keep wondering about it wether or not intel will be forced to use the term AMD64, and how they will position AMD64 compatible Xeons against Itanium.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
January 29, 2004 12:10:45 PM

Quote:
Not really.. because he mentions when the OS and apps becomes available.. well only AMD64 OS and apps are being developped to the best of my knowledge. A different 64 bit extention to x86 would not run those apps, or the OS.

I believe what Mephistopheles was trying to say when he stated that it "could be some variant" is that Intel could quite possibly make their own 64-bit variation to AMD64 by adding more instructions to the AMD64 set or even by increasing the number of registers available. Intel's variant would then be completely 100% backwards compatible with any software written for AMD64, however it would have the added 'benefit' where any software developed for Intel64 would not necessarily run on a pure AMD64 CPU. It would be a cold-hearted move, but such is certainly not out of place in business ethics.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 12:19:03 PM

okay, I agree with that. in fact, its quite likely. however, its also just as likely that those extra features will be largely ignored by software developpers. If we assume intel will only sell their first 64 bit extended netburst core by the end of this year, AMD will have a several million to 1 marketshare advantage. Which 64 bit ISA would you code for ?

Of course these relative market share numbers will shift quickly but it may take years for intel to catch up, -if ever (depending how aggressively both intel and amd sell 64 bit capable cpu's, like 64 bit celerons class cpu's, or only xeons, etc,etc). I don't think AMD is worried about a "AMD64+", and the main reason for the "+" is likely that intel could give it another name.

January 29, 2004 12:55:57 PM

Quote:
There is one precious resource they are running out of: time. Intel PR is spinning this anyway they can (like "we are waiting for the OS before we launch"), but no one in his right mind would believe it. After all, when was the last time intel held back a x86 extention while waiting for the software to support it ? Was it SSE3 in prescott ? I thought not. SSE2, SSE, MMX ? x86-32 on the 386? protected memory in the 286 ? In fact, they never had, and it makes no sense either. Intel is scrambling...

Not necessarily. MMX and SSE were meant to be used by the application program. So developers could start using it before any new O.S. was needed (small exception for SSE but not significant). 64-bit technology on the other hand isn't worth anything without an O.S. Application developers can't do anything with AMD64 yet (and there isn't much interest or need either). Neither is there any good compiler. And Microsoft could implement an Intel 64-bit technology kernel by using only emulators and prototypes. Either way there is no reason for Intel to rush.

Sure, they don't have to 'wait' either but I'd say they still got three years before they run out of time for 64-bit technology. Plenty...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 1:17:02 PM

Hmmm. I think you should first clarify what market(s) you are talking about. I can somewhat agree with much of what you say when it concerns the desktop market, but not when it comes to the Xeon workstation or server market.

Secondly, even if they may have time for a 64 bit desktop chip, fact remains if they wait a few years, AMD will have a huge installed user base, and will be the defacto 64 bit standard (and therefore, application development target). This is important; intel has always enjoyed the advantage of being the development standard, and this matters (just think about what platform they will primarely optimize for).

Lastly, this will put AMD in the driver seat and give them full control over the ISA that is likely to become the main ISA for the next decade or so. I don't think Intel can be happy with that prospect.

Oh and one more thing: while SSEx, MMX etc where not OS dependant, the IA32 ISA definately was, and they also brought it to market *way* before we needed it, and basically a decade before mainstream OS's made any good use of it. Now, why would they wait this time until every major OS is shipping as 64 bit for the platform ?(Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD already are, Windows and Solaris on their way) ?
Did they wait for windows before launching the Itanium ? Did they wait for HP-UX ? No they didnt, they launched a platform with nothing but alpha OS's and Linux support.

And unlike Itanium, a AMD64 chip can run more OS's than any other platform, even if just in 32 bit mode. No, this really is a PR spin, nothing else. There is no point in waiting longer, besides protecting Itanium market and/or fixing their Yamhill.

January 29, 2004 1:37:10 PM

That is exactly what I meant. They could add one or another feature to speed it up, and later on say they had the best ISA developed (which would not be incorrect...)
Quote:
AMD will have a several million to 1 marketshare advantage. Which 64 bit ISA would you code for ?

Of course these relative market share numbers will shift quickly but it may take years for intel to catch up, -if ever

Hm, I don't know if AMD will really catch that much unstoppable momentum by the end of the year. Do you honestly expect it to? Back in the Willamette days, it didn't happen, and AMD had the technological edge.

Another thing is: I agree, Prescott has something for 64-bit. But it's not "broken", as you say it - if it would be really broken, then they would design Tejas better with a functional 64-bit implementation and spare the resources of constructing prescott with this broken, useless circuitry. What is far, far more likely is that it is fully functional, and disabled, exactly in the same way that HT was. So they have the time they need to churn out Scotty steppings (under the hood "hey, this decreases heat dissipation" or whatever) and iron out the few quirks that have remained. Or turn the On/Off switch. Exactly what the hell is going on, well, only God and Otellini know.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 2:08:21 PM

>Hm, I don't know if AMD will really catch that much
>unstoppable momentum by the end of the year.

Well its simple, AMD is going to ship millions of K8 chips this year, moving Athlon64 into the mainstream market. So that means millions of AMD64 capable systems will be in the market by the end of this year.

>I agree, Prescott has something for 64-bit. But it's not
>"broken", as you say it -

It is, just trust me on this one

>if it would be really broken, then they would design Tejas
>better with a functional 64-bit implementation and spare
>the resources of constructing prescott with this broken,
>useless circuitry.

They didnt design it to be broken obviously, but since they ran out of time debugging it, they simply disabled it and will probably try to solve it with Tejas.

>What is far, far more likely is that it is fully
>functional, and disabled, exactly in the same way that HT
>was

If it where, there would be no point in not turning it on once Windows hits the shelves; well i predict it won't be turned on by then (unless windows slips into 2005), because they can't turn it on. Wanna bet ? :) 

January 29, 2004 2:13:09 PM

Quote:
Actually, were is Eden? I haven't seen a single post from him in a very long time. Wasn't he supposed to be the guy who never spent like more than 3 or 4 days without posting?

He's was sick (IIRC, something like depression). In last couple of months, he posted very rarely in other/polls forum, though he told that he checks the forums regularly now. If you want to e-mail him or IM with MSN messenger, pm me for e-mail address.

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>
January 29, 2004 2:20:39 PM

Quote:
Well its simple, AMD is going to ship millions of K8 chips this year, moving Athlon64 into the mainstream market. So that means millions of AMD64 capable systems will be in the market by the end of this year.

I don't know this kind of math. And I don't know if Intel can't outrun them later, shipping more millions of their processors because of their superior manufacturing throughput. I really don't know, but your perspective is a possibility, of course...
Quote:
It is, just trust me on this one

Hm... Erm... If you tried to explain yourself, you'd be more successful in convincing me. :smile: As it is, I just will have to ask you (sorry!): Why on earth should I trust <i>you</i>?... :eek: 

In any case, if AMD is succeeding in giving Intel a run for their money, I think we should not be glad because "Intel is going down". I think we should be glad because the company is under stress and will have to perform admirably this year, coming up with inventive solutions and good things from which we will probably benefit.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 3:02:10 PM

>I don't know this kind of math.

How much easier could it be ? Look up projected production volumes a A64 on the Inq to get an estimate. I think (but could be wrong, I'm going purely by memory here), they where expecting to sell 1 million K8 chips this quarter alone, and really ramp up volumes by Q3.

>And I don't know if Intel can't outrun them later

With 80% of the market, they sure can, but it will take more time than you'd think. Assuming intel would position their 64 bit chip an the top of their product line intially, until it trickles down into more mainstream products (like they did with every new feature, like hyperthreading), it could even take a while before intel ships more 64 bit chips than AMD per quarter, as AMD is already beginning to offer 64 bit chips in the mainstream products (3000+), and by the end of the year, I expect more than half of AMD's products to be K8 cores. (to put this in perspective, I'd guestimate maybe 10% or maximum 20% of intels current shipments support 800 MHz fsb and hyperthreading.)

So it might take intel maybe a year after the product launch before intel ships more 64 bit chips than AMD, and literally take several years before intel has more 64 bit chips in the market (installed used base) than AMD. The longer it takes for intel to release their chip, the bigger this gap will be, especially as somwhere next year probably just about every AMD ship will be 64 bit capable.

>As it is, I just will have to ask you (sorry!): Why on
>earth should I trust you?...

You don't have to. I am just advicing you to trust me on this one, because you are just guessing, and I am well.. let's say making educated guesses based on more information than what you have.

>In any case, if AMD is succeeding in giving Intel a run for
>their money, I think we should not be glad because "Intel
>is going down"

The only thing I wish for, is healthy competition, which requires a healthy AMD, and if possible a marketshare closer to 50% than 15%. I also wish AMD64 will keep IA64 away from my desktop, since that would kill any competition. Looks like that wish pretty much has beeen granted now :) 
Competition is good for all of us.

January 29, 2004 3:13:58 PM

Quote:
You don't have to. I am just advicing you to trust me on this one, because you are just guessing, and I am well.. let's say making educated guesses based on more information than what you have.

Now, see... this is what I'm talking about. Rather than just saying you have more information than what we have... it would be better if you <b>showed</b> us this information.

:smile:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
January 29, 2004 3:19:17 PM

Hm... this makes me curious too...

How can you have more access to information? You live in Belgium, right?... Do you have internet contacts? How can you know that much about if Yamhill is broken or deactivated?... Just curious...

January 29, 2004 3:33:10 PM

Quote:
Wasn't he supposed to be the guy who never spent like more than 3 or 4 days without posting?

Yeah, he said that THGC was his life...or something like that. It's been a month or so since he last posted, hasn't it?

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 29, 2004 3:41:27 PM

Quote:
He's was sick (IIRC, something like depression).

Depression?... Depression is a worryingly common thing... Many people get depressed at some point in their lives... It's not a simple matter. Not at all.

But it's good to hear that he's around again.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 3:51:22 PM

>How can you have more access to information? You live in
>Belgium, right?

LOL.. yeah I live in Belgium, not Oesbekistan. We do have airports here, and phones, and obviously: internet..

> How can you know that much about if Yamhill is broken or
>deactivated?.

define 'that much'. I'm not dating Otellini's daughter either you know :)  Anyway, I am not betting my life on this, that would require first hand information from, say, three independant Prescott engineers, but I am willing to take bets with anyone. 100-1 that intial prescotts wont do AMD64, 50-1 first new stepping won't do it either, 5-1 no prescott will ever do it this year even after Windows ships, 1-1 (so 50% chance) it won't ever do it until tejas ships. For tejas, all bets are off.

January 29, 2004 4:03:54 PM

Quote:
>How can you have more access to information? You live in
>Belgium, right?

LOL.. yeah I live in Belgium, not Oesbekistan. We do have airports here, and phones, and obviously: internet..

Actually, sorry about that comment, but that is not at all what I meant. I was not implying any prejudice against Belgium... at all. Really. I was merely saying that you probably don't have more access to this info than, say, I do. I live in Brazil, and we too have airports, phones and the Internet. What I'm asking you is this: Prescott design is happening in the US. You have access to the internet? Fine, so do I. Where on the net can you get this miraculous information of yours? Would you care to enlighten us? What is it that differentiates you from me, for instance?

If, on the other hand, you lived in the US, you could date Otellini's daughter. You could talk to company representatives that are closer to the actual design team. You could work in a company that deals with Intel. More possibilities arise - possibilities which would be far less likely in a country like Belgium or Brazil.
Quote:
define 'that much'. I'm not dating Otellini's daughter either you know :)  Anyway, I am not betting my life on this, that would require first hand information from, say, three independant Prescott engineers, but I am willing to take bets with anyone. 100-1 that intial prescotts wont do AMD64, 50-1 first new stepping won't do it either, 5-1 no prescott will ever do it this year even after Windows ships, 1-1 (so 50% chance) it won't ever do it until tejas ships. For tejas, all bets are off.

Sounds a bit pessimistic... But, speaking of odds, I calm down... I must say that, based on what I know: I think your odds for an appropriate response by Intel this year are underestimated...

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 4:06:53 PM

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you..

;)  j/k

January 29, 2004 4:10:30 PM

Quote:
The only thing I wish for, is healthy competition, which requires a healthy AMD, and if possible a marketshare closer to 50% than 15%. I also wish AMD64 will keep IA64 away from my desktop, since that would kill any competition. Looks like that wish pretty much has beeen granted now :) 
Competition is good for all of us.

To ensure a healthy competition and AMD64 for the masses, my next PC will probably be an AMD64 based system. I would like to see more 64 bits apps!

NOTE : I know this comment is pointless, but I wanted to share it to you!

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?
January 29, 2004 4:14:55 PM

Quote:
To ensure a healthy competition and AMD64 for the masses, my next PC will probably be an AMD64 based system.

Mmmm... This sounds OK and great, but we should be careful... next thing we know, we'll be buying Apples because of fair competition... :frown:

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 4:18:18 PM

LOL !
You have a point; personally, all things being equal, I'll buy from the underdog, but I buy for price/performace primarely, and that usually means AMD anyway (although I've owned several intel solutions as well)

January 29, 2004 5:00:22 PM

I agree, my last upgrade was the not-so-long-ago underdog Intel with a 2.4C. This year, I'm not sure anything will be worth upgrading to from an OC'ed 2.4C.
January 29, 2004 5:34:02 PM

Quote:
This year, I'm not sure anything will be worth upgrading to from an OC'ed 2.4C.

I'm thinking no. The offerings from both intel and AMD won't really be that much faster to justify a serious upgrade for you.

I'm considering an upgrade in the middle of the year, but that's only because I'm currently with a 933Mhz P3... So it would be a great improvement.

January 29, 2004 6:02:32 PM

Not to turn this into the American Psychological Association forum, but clinical depression (if that's what we're talking about) is a serious mental illness. I am a mental health practicioner of sorts and know it to be a potentially crippling, often deadly disease.

I don't mean to assume anything about any person in particular-just clearing up any questions about why depression would put a guy on the shelf for a while.
January 29, 2004 6:18:14 PM

Quote:
This sounds OK and great, but we should be careful... next thing we know, we'll be buying Apples because of fair competition...

HE HE HE!!!
At least we would have BEAUTIFUL pc case!

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?
January 29, 2004 6:49:41 PM

ISSCC presentation slide Intel got a 4 GHZ 64 bit alu or 7 ghz 32 bit alu.Twinpump engine would be use for 64 bit operation.

I dont like french test
January 29, 2004 7:00:53 PM

Wasn't 3D Now! Designed with Cyrix?

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?
January 29, 2004 7:54:49 PM

Quote:
Not to turn this into the American Psychological Association forum

Why not? That sounds like a beautiful idea to me. :smile:

Quote:
but clinical depression (if that's what we're talking about) is a serious mental illness

I agree. Hopefully he is merely suffering from something easily treatable such as seasonal depression. Sunshine does wonders for the body and mind.

Quote:
I am a mental health practicioner of sorts and know it to be a potentially crippling, often deadly disease.

As am I, of sorts. And so as such I know all too well that the same could be said for life itself. Not that I mean to belittle the disease, but merely to remind that we all have our problems, not the least of which is stress. Yet we live. Or we do not. But a little humor while we live can go a long way towards making our lives better. :wink:

Quote:
I don't mean to assume anything about any person in particular-just clearing up any questions about why depression would put a guy on the shelf for a while.

This is especially true if he is seeing a professional to help him through it. I don't know him either, yet I wish him the best.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2004 9:32:33 PM

AMD designed it, I don't think Cyrix had any input on the design, but the IDT Winchip used it.

January 29, 2004 9:50:17 PM

You know, I actually don't work with health like that, but I do try to keep my mind open. The problem with depression is that some people tend to think that it is not a disease, it is simply a "stupid thing of the mind", and so it can only be a silly ailment. This is a very, very grave mistake. Depression can be a very dangerous condition, and it certainly is one of the most common dangerous problems that people can have. You have to respect that. (erm, I don't mean any of you, I mean everybody has to)

Also, depression is a strange thing. People who rely very much on their intellectual abilities - like mathematicians, physicists, or people who generally are considered educated and read a lot - well, in general, people who work out their brains more tend to fall into the depressive loops astonishingly fast. And because their mind is active most of the time, they can... well, execute more of the depressive loops per unit time, meaning that they give depression a momentum that is hard to stop.

As a rule of thumb, serious, pathological depression can be treated with some neural stimulants and drugs - however, the effectiveness of such drugs decreases for introspective patients! This is not to say "smarter patients", but it has to do with how much time we spend trying to gain insight into things. Spend too much, and you'll be more vulnerable to depression. It's not quite as simple, but... hm... can't manage to explain it any better.

Quote:
But a little humor while we live can go a long way towards making our lives better.

Wasn't it Bertold Brecht who once said... <b>"Humor is laughing despite of (whatever)!"</b>?

January 30, 2004 2:40:29 AM

I read the article few time and never intel president say sometime about X86 neither AMD 64 or P4 or anything that can lead to think that intel will release a Pentium with X86-64 extention.That very cloudy i would say.

I dont like french test
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2004 5:32:08 AM

> read the article few time and never intel president say
>sometime about X86 neither AMD 64 or P4 or anything that
>can lead to think that intel will release a Pentium with
>X86-64 extention.

Read again.. anyway, its all over the web now. Demo on IDF

>That very cloudy i would say.

Your mind seems cloudy if you ask me

January 30, 2004 7:31:20 AM

Learn to install run and use LINUX or you wont be able to play with the new toys comming up.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid 12 Celsius
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x
January 30, 2004 8:31:27 AM

that a rumor from a source that CNet got.They allwayse bunch of rumor everywhere

I dont like french test
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2004 9:13:36 AM

This is far more than just a rumour, since its actually Paul Otellini and some other senios intel suits that are creating these 'rumours' in the first place. Oh well, feel free not to believe it, you're eyes will open during IDF.

January 30, 2004 9:23:48 AM

Well Spitfire, when you talk to him again tell him I say hi, and that his presence is missed. (obviously) ;) 
January 30, 2004 9:44:54 AM

Quote:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you..

;)  j/k

Now Bob,

If you can do that over the internet you will have put Belgium in the internet spotlight for a change.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 30, 2004 9:49:24 AM

I have no ambition nor desire to put Belgium anywhere, but it should not be too hard; just browse to www.asassinsforhire.com or something, and pay with paypal :D  If that doesnt work, I could always email him a nude picture of my mother in law in the morning. I'm telling you.. don't mess with me ! ;) 

January 30, 2004 9:58:23 AM

I found that more wise to wait.We will see everything soon as IDF is in febury.Also for ISSCC<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 01/30/04 07:13 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
January 30, 2004 10:21:06 AM

man it funny when someone who think there a big shot and they are not bbaeyens. It like someone says they are a cop and they are not. Grow Up bbaeyens. You Mother inlaw will thank u for it.
!