Sign in with
Your question

Z-5500s dead. Need new power supply?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 7, 2012 4:50:11 PM

So my z-5500s decided to go through a brown out, hooray, and it ended up frying the power supply in it. I was wondering if anyone knew what specific power supply is used in the z-5500? Or if any generic one would work. Not sure what to do with them at this point, since the warranty is gone too :\ .
February 8, 2012 1:28:15 AM

wicky woo said:
So my z-5500s decided to go through a brown out, hooray, and it ended up frying the power supply in it. I was wondering if anyone knew what specific power supply is used in the z-5500? Or if any generic one would work. Not sure what to do with them at this point, since the warranty is gone too :\ .
Is this a Logitech product? They have a web site .
m
l
February 8, 2012 2:42:22 AM

musical marv said:
Is this a Logitech product? They have a web site .

Except, they don't carry it any more, so it's not on their website or many others. The only information I found was just 'Its a power supply, has 505 watts of power". Nothing more :\ . I just need to know so I can go out a buy a new one that's the same, logitech won't even tell me what it is.
m
l
February 8, 2012 11:34:33 AM

How do you know it's the power supply, have you check the fuse already? The Z5500 power supply is build into the amplifier board, unless yours is different.
m
l
!