Hal

I ahve tried and tried to add sounds to my "empty trash can" and the new
Quicken 2006. I have redone the individual programs for the sound I want and
saved it and applied it. Everytime I go back the sounds are not there
anymore. Any help appreciated
--
halo learning

kelly

Where exactly are you saving these sounds to? In the meantime:

Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds/Events....

Start/Run/Regedit:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\AppEvents\EventLabels
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ahve tried and tried to add sounds to my "empty trash can" and the new
> Quicken 2006. I have redone the individual programs for the sound I want
> and
> saved it and applied it. Everytime I go back the sounds are not there
> anymore. Any help appreciated
> --
> halo learning

I thought, "sounds" can be selected only for specific events listed in the
Control Panel Sounds applet and also in the case of software where the
supplier has provided using sounds for events in the software like "fax
received".
If one creates a folder of sounds one likes, the sounds in it can be used by
opening the list of Windows events and asking the system to open that folder
and select the required sound, event by event. One can also select a sound
for an event like Fax received, if the software provides for it.
Have I understood the problem and has this helped?

P. Jayant