How is LED LG E2360V at 220bucks on Newegg?

liao24hoho

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I see LG E2360V is on sale in Newegg with a price 220bucks,and its feedback is nice(all 4 or 5 stars),I youtubed it and found little information on it,anyone knows how is the LCD? what is its advantage over ASUS's 170buck LCD?My main activity on computer is gaming and some non-professional graphics editing(hoping to get a DELL U23 if it is on sale under 240bucks again),any chance?

welcome to any reply.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I'm not a pro, but I'm not crazy about these LED backlight monitors anymore. In both of the LED ones I tried, an Acer and Samsung, both, one worse than the other, appeared to have a blue tint on the whites (not to mention a fairly dull color output as well). Unfortunately I have no real say on the Viewsonic, but can guarantee the Dell U23 would smoke any monitor in the realm we're talking about.

Some people notice the bluish color of LED backlight in monitors, some don't. That is due to the color gamut being 68% instead of the standard 72% color gamut or 96%+ of wide gamut monitors.

To put it simply, 68% gamut means the color space excludes a tiny bit of green and red spectrum. 96%+ wide gamut monitors are a bit green because the color space includes more green. The benefit of wide color gamut is that if the monitor and color printer are both properly calibrated, the colors you see on the screen will be exactly the colors that prints out.

Other than that, you'll need to do with customers reviews to decided which of the two monitors is better for you.

The pluses for LED are:
1. Energy efficient
2. Lighter
3. Thinner