Screen cleaner?

rowan

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 but the screen had got rather dirty and I'd
like to clean it. I know you can really damage them if you use the wrong
cleaning fluid. Can anyone suggest to me a safe product to use and where I
can buy it from? (I live in London in the UK)
Many thanks,
R.

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I clean my LCD with water and a soft paper towel. I wet a paper towel with
H20 and wipe the screen in one direction. Then I dry with a second, wiping
gently.
http://www.tunercarz.com/driverforum/showthread.php?t=2899

"Rowan" <rowan_bridge@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 but the screen had got rather dirty and I'd
> like to clean it. I know you can really damage them if you use the wrong
> cleaning fluid. Can anyone suggest to me a safe product to use and where I
> can buy it from? (I live in London in the UK)
> Many thanks,
> R.

Tonka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

"Rowan" <rowan_bridge@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 but the screen had got rather dirty and I'd
> like to clean it. I know you can really damage them if you use the wrong
> cleaning fluid. Can anyone suggest to me a safe product to use and where I
> can buy it from? (I live in London in the UK)
> Many thanks,
> R.

Storex Tissues, they are void of Alcohol, Butylglycol and Methanol

www.storexsolutions.com

available in PC World or Dixons

dj

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Anything that isn't ammonia based. Go to your local vision shop (where they
sell glasses) and get some glass cleaner from there. It won't damage the
protective coating on the screen.