"Favorites" not in alphabetical order

Gene

Am using Windows XP (SP2). When I open Internet Explorer and click on
FAVORITES and add a new folder to FAVORITE, the added folder does not go into
its proper space in alphabetic order with the list of existing Favorites.

Instead it is listed on the end of the Favorite list, NOT in alphabetic order.

How do I get these newly added folders in alphabetic order. I have about 10
folders on the end of my list of alphabtetized folders that I would like to
get in proper order to make searching a bit easier.

Gene
--
Gene B

Expand the Favorites menu, right click on any entry and select Sort by Name.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4E1B75-0C9B-4BD1-BC15-599948AEE742@microsoft.com...
> Am using Windows XP (SP2). When I open Internet Explorer and click on
> FAVORITES and add a new folder to FAVORITE, the added folder does not go into
> its proper space in alphabetic order with the list of existing Favorites.
>
> Instead it is listed on the end of the Favorite list, NOT in alphabetic order.
>
> How do I get these newly added folders in alphabetic order. I have about 10
> folders on the end of my list of alphabtetized folders that I would like to
> get in proper order to make searching a bit easier.
>
> Gene
> --
> Gene B

Open your favorites list from the top menu bar, not the favorites pane on
the left. Right click any entry and select sort by name.

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am using Windows XP (SP2). When I open Internet Explorer and click on
> FAVORITES and add a new folder to FAVORITE, the added folder does not go
> into
> its proper space in alphabetic order with the list of existing Favorites.
>
> Instead it is listed on the end of the Favorite list, NOT in alphabetic
> order.
>
> How do I get these newly added folders in alphabetic order. I have about
> 10
> folders on the end of my list of alphabtetized folders that I would like
> get in proper order to make searching a bit easier.
>
> Gene
> --
> Gene B

Its by design so that you can see what has been recently added, as
previously posted right click the list and ' sort by name '

"Jason Haynes" <jasonlhaynes@COLDmail.com> wrote in message
> Open your favorites list from the top menu bar, not the favorites pane on
> the left. Right click any entry and select sort by name.
>
> "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Am using Windows XP (SP2). When I open Internet Explorer and click on
>> FAVORITES and add a new folder to FAVORITE, the added folder does not go
>> into
>> its proper space in alphabetic order with the list of existing Favorites.
>>
>> Instead it is listed on the end of the Favorite list, NOT in alphabetic
>> order.
>>
>> How do I get these newly added folders in alphabetic order. I have about
>> 10
>> folders on the end of my list of alphabtetized folders that I would like
>> get in proper order to make searching a bit easier.
>>
>> Gene
>> --
>> Gene B

Keep in mind that "alphabetical" may not be the perfect solution for you.
You may want one or more of your favorites near the top of your list to keep
them handy. You can always drag an entry to a "better" place in your list.

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am using Windows XP (SP2). When I open Internet Explorer and click on
> FAVORITES and add a new folder to FAVORITE, the added folder does not go
> into
> its proper space in alphabetic order with the list of existing Favorites.
>
> Instead it is listed on the end of the Favorite list, NOT in alphabetic
> order.
>
> How do I get these newly added folders in alphabetic order. I have about
> 10
> folders on the end of my list of alphabtetized folders that I would like
> get in proper order to make searching a bit easier.
>
> Gene
> --
> Gene B

open internet explorer,right click on one of the favourites(either a folder
or anaddress and move down to Sort by Name then left click on it.This puts
the favourites into alphabetical order.

You can also drag them where you want or use the organise favourites bit