Windows XP cannot display the Firewall Settings

I get this message when trying to access the Windows Firewall. It's working,
but I have no access to settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks to all
7 answers Last reply
More about windows display firewall settings

    Tony wrote:

    > I get this message when trying to access the Windows Firewall. It's
    > working, but I have no access to settings.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks to all

    For the error, "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display
    Windows Firewall settings" error, try:

    Start>Run regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll [enter]

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Great catch, Malke. Will add to my notes. :o)
    BTW, great to see friendly faces and to be back.
    And thank you and your family so much for your kindred thoughts.
    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    Kelly wrote:

    > Great catch, Malke. Will add to my notes. :o)
    > BTW, great to see friendly faces and to be back.
    > And thank you and your family so much for your kindred thoughts.

    You have no idea how much I've missed you! I'm so glad you're OK.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi Malke

    Ran that, "The specified module could not be found"

    I have run other command entries as well, but no joy. Clearly, the error
    message above is the heart of my problem.

    Hope someone can hone in on this module, and how I can restore or replace it

    Regards

    Tony

    > Tony wrote:
    >
    >> I get this message when trying to access the Windows Firewall. It's
    >> working, but I have no access to settings.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> Thanks to all
    >
    > For the error, "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display
    > Windows Firewall settings" error, try:
    >
    > Start>Run regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll [enter]
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    yeah i'm having the same problem. anyone else know what might be causing it
    or how to fix it?

    Tony wrote:

    > Hi Malke
    >
    > Ran that, "The specified module could not be found"
    >
    > I have run other command entries as well, but no joy. Clearly, the
    > error message above is the heart of my problem.
    >
    > Hope someone can hone in on this module, and how I can restore or
    > replace it
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Tony
    >

    > "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
    >> Tony wrote:
    >>
    >>> I get this message when trying to access the Windows Firewall. It's
    >>> working, but I have no access to settings.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks to all
    >>
    >> For the error, "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot
    >> display Windows Firewall settings" error, try:
    >>
    >> Start>Run regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll [enter]

    OK, does everything else work well about Service Pack 2? Did you install
    it yourself or was it integrated into the operating system on a
    new(ish) computer? What is the computer's malware/virus status? Be sure
    it is clean:

    Here are some other links to help with the Firewall, but if no joy then
    we will need a lot more information about your computer before being
    able to give you focused troubleshooting. Things that would be helpful
    to know in addition to what I asked you above:

    1. Make/model computer and hardware specs
    2. If the Firewall ever worked correctly. If it did, what changed?
    3. What antivirus and/or third-party firewall you have installed

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    Troubleshooting Windows Firewall Problems (MS Tech)
    http://tinyurl.com/cqfc5

    MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    <w> Thanks for the smile, you are so kind. :o)

    --

    > Kelly wrote:
    >
    >> Great catch, Malke. Will add to my notes. :o)
    >> BTW, great to see friendly faces and to be back.
    >> And thank you and your family so much for your kindred thoughts.
    >
    > You have no idea how much I've missed you! I'm so glad you're OK.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com