Admin policies prevents installation

All of a sudden I get an error when trying to install a program "the system
administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I have
installed dozens of programs and have never got such an error and I have
never messed with administrator policies. Any solutions?
Louie
3 answers Last reply
More about admin policies prevents installation

    Is this happening when trying to install Norton?

    Error Message: The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent This
    Installation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322963

    If so, save yourself the misery and don't install it. If this isn't the
    case, good luck and keep us posted.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "Luigi" <lschimenti@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden I get an error when trying to install a program "the
    > system
    > administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I have
    > installed dozens of programs and have never got such an error and I have
    > never messed with administrator policies. Any solutions?
    > Louie

    Actually it is Alcohol 120%
    Louie

    > Is this happening when trying to install Norton?
    >
    > Error Message: The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent This
    > Installation
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322963
    >
    > If so, save yourself the misery and don't install it. If this isn't the
    > case, good luck and keep us posted.
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    > Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
    >

    > "Luigi" <lschimenti@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> All of a sudden I get an error when trying to install a program "the
    >> system
    >> administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I have
    >> installed dozens of programs and have never got such an error and I have
    >> never messed with administrator policies. Any solutions?
    >> Louie

    Ah, ok. Thanks for the update. :o) Did you get this resolved?

    --

    > Actually it is Alcohol 120%
    > Louie

    >> Is this happening when trying to install Norton?
    >>
    >> Error Message: The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent This
    >> Installation
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322963
    >>
    >> If so, save yourself the misery and don't install it. If this isn't the
    >> case, good luck and keep us posted.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>
    >> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    >> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
    >>

    >> "Luigi" <lschimenti@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> All of a sudden I get an error when trying to install a program "the
    >>> system
    >>> administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I have
    >>> installed dozens of programs and have never got such an error and I have
    >>> never messed with administrator policies. Any solutions?
    >>> Louie

Microsoft Windows XP