Dial-up noise

How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
the dial-up tone when I use my modem?

I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about dial noise

    "cbrand" <cbrand@erols.com> wrote in message
    > How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
    > the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Adding M0 to the dial string usually does it.

    For a better understanding of your options see this link:

    http://www.spiralspider.demon.co.uk/reference/content/hayes.htm

    cbrand wrote:
    > How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
    > the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Go into "Phone and modem options", click the "Modems" tab, click on
    "properties", choose the "modems" tab, then slide the modem speaker
    volume to "off".

    Buck

    > How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
    > the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
    > I'm running Windows XP.

    See if you can find anything that lets you put in a command string for
    your modem - AT&L0M0 should do the trick (they`re zeros, not letter o`s)

Dell Speakers Windows XP Dial Up Connection Computers