Dial-up noise

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 26, 2004 3:06:41 PM

How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
the dial-up tone when I use my modem?

I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks.

More about : dial noise

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 10:03:02 PM

"cbrand" <cbrand@erols.com> wrote in message
> How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
> the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
>
> I'm running Windows XP.
>
> Thanks.

Adding M0 to the dial string usually does it.

For a better understanding of your options see this link:

http://www.spiralspider.demon.co.uk/reference/content/h...
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 11:22:42 PM

cbrand wrote:
> How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
> the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
>
> I'm running Windows XP.
>
> Thanks.

Go into "Phone and modem options", click the "Modems" tab, click on
"properties", choose the "modems" tab, then slide the modem speaker
volume to "off".

Buck
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:43:07 AM

> How do I turn off the speaker in my computer tower so it doesn't emit
> the dial-up tone when I use my modem?
> I'm running Windows XP.

See if you can find anything that lets you put in a command string for
your modem - AT&L0M0 should do the trick (they`re zeros, not letter o`s)