Sign in with
Your question

Dell 964 printer - LCD screen problems

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 1, 2011 9:21:46 PM

Hi Tom's Hardware:

I have a DELL AIO 964 printer that has the folllowing problem: When the printer is turned on, the green power light comes on, but the LCD panel comes on with a dull grayish color-and is blinking slightly. You can't see anything on the screen, therefore, you can't instruct the printer to do anything. Also, I noticed a red light comes on - inside the printer- at the lower right-hand side.
If you press the power button to shut off -- the LCD screen stays dimly lit -- but the red light does go off. The ONLY way the printer will shut off is if you pull the power plug out of the wall.

Finally, if I'm working on my DELL lap-top, I can command my printer to print out a screened document -- and it will do it with no problem! I can print out as many copies as I want to.

HELP !!! What is going on?????

Thanks.
Anonymous
February 2, 2011 7:33:46 AM

Sounds like a call to Dell is in order. Chances are the LCD or its connector have failed.

One category of equipment that has started appearing with depressing regularity in our local dumpsters is all-in-one printers -- they are too complicated and they are built down to a price. And when one function goes they are more expensive to fix than to replace.

m
l
February 3, 2011 7:31:06 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a call to Dell is in order. Chances are the LCD or its connector have failed.

One category of equipment that has started appearing with depressing regularity in our local dumpsters is all-in-one printers -- they are too complicated and they are built down to a price. And when one function goes they are more expensive to fix than to replace.

Thank you, Fihart !! That's what I thought, too. What copier/printers do you recommend currently?

Thanks
Bruce
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
February 4, 2011 2:46:04 AM

Canon and Epson seem to make the best low cost scanners -- from what I've seen of them I prefer the software supplied with Epson's.

Printers -- I would suggest a low cost laser for everyday use as they are cheap to run and reliable. The colour's not as good as inkjet so if most of your work is correspondence get a mono.
m
l
February 5, 2011 4:21:26 AM

Thanks!!!
m
l
!