Stop IE6 'condensing' open browsers on task bar??

IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers to
all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.

How please.

Also,
I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?

Thanks.

Restart: Windows key + U + R

"J12" wrote:

> IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers to
> all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.
>
> How please.
>
> Also,
> I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
> this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?
>
> Thanks.

Clarification: Windows key + U + R will restart if no windows are open.
Otherwise, Windows Key + U will open the Utility Manager.

"CurtB" wrote:

> Restart: Windows key + U + R
>
> "J12" wrote:
>
> > IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers to
> > all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.
> >
> > How please.
> >
> > Also,
> > I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
> > this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?
> >
> > Thanks.

Sorry, that's not correct either.
Utility Manager will start if you press Windows key + U quickly without
pausing slightly.

Windows Key=the Start menu.
U="Turn off computer" window
R=Restart option.
So: Windows Key <pause> + U + R = Restart.

Sorry about the confusion folks.

"CurtB" wrote:

> Clarification: Windows key + U + R will restart if no windows are open.
> Otherwise, Windows Key + U will open the Utility Manager.
>
> "CurtB" wrote:
>
> > Restart: Windows key + U + R
> >
> > "J12" wrote:
> >
> > > IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers to
> > > all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.
> > >
> > > How please.
> > >
> > > Also,
> > > I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
> > > this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:04:03 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, J12 favored us with...
> IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers to
> all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.

Right-click on an empty area of taskbar, select Properties, uncheck
"Group similar taskbar buttons".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

kelly

Hi,

1. Right click the Taskbar, Properties and uncheck Group similar taskbar
items.
2. Copy the line below to Notepad, name it and save with a JS extension.
(new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).ShutdownWindows();

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"J12" <J12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers
> all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.
>
> How please.
>
> Also,
> I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
> this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?
>
> Thanks.

Description of the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" Option:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281629

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"J12" <J12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE6 'condenses' open browsers on the task bar but I want my open browsers
> all be viewable on the task bar, like in win98.
>
> How please.
>
> Also,
> I got use to using 'ctrl alt delete' for restarts in win 98. XP doesnt so
> this. How do I restart using a simple keyboard command in xp?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks alot all!