Dedicated COM port, stop OS from sending data?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I'm attaching seral devices to a WindowsXP system (COM ports via
Prolific USB-Serial) device. I've had two probems:

1) Windows thinks the GPS is a serial mouse, used /NoSerialMouse switch
and that got fixed.

2) Now I have a serial device that usesed the first byte sent to it to
autobaud, it get's confused since windows appears to send something out
the port.

?? Is there a way to flag these ports as allocated for a user program
to run later, ie. no probing?

Thanks,
Jon

marciowb

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Hello,

For several times I was (and my customers, too) a vitim of 'crazy mouse jumper', but I tired to try disable the false mouse device at Control Panel at Vista. So, I develop a small and simple utility to help fix it: NoSerialMouse. It's free and works with all Windows versions, including Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista 64 and 32. Download it, here:
http://www.marciowb.net/soft/pro/3/f/NoSerialMouse.exe

More detail (sorry, portuguese only) at:
http://www.marciowb.net/blog/2008/10/rapidinha-dispositivo-serial-windows

I hope that it helps someone.

Regards,
Marcio Wesley Borges