Sign in with
Your question

Bios don’t detect usb cd-dvd

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 2, 2010 7:20:39 PM

Hello, I have GIGABYTE w566 laptop, and I do not know how to find out what my Intell Chipset is, and my problem actually is that in boot time my computer not detect usb LG (super-multi) cd-dvd drive. Windows. by the way, still know to access to device, I have problem only in boot time.

Some one know what to do?
Thank you for ahead.
a b D Laptop
May 4, 2010 10:29:42 AM

So, the drive works in Windows, but you cannot see it in the BIOS, correct? Unless you are trying to boot from the drive, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you can go to Gigabyte's support site and download the latest drivers/firmware for your laptop. If that doesn't work, you can also download the latest BIOS update as well from the same location.
m
l
a c 206 D Laptop
May 4, 2010 7:13:02 PM

What do you mean it does not detect it at boot time? You go into the BIOS and you don't see an optical drive listed or you can't get it to boot off a CD? You don't see it in the boot options selection? What exactly is happening and when?
m
l
Related resources
May 5, 2010 12:26:25 AM

If the DVD - CD is not bootable, then there is not Driver for the USB. therefore it can not bee seen until you make the DVD-CD bootable. That is what I have found.... & also possible that you need to set the boot options so the USB is set prior to C:
m
l
July 31, 2010 10:15:45 AM

Thank you for replay, I try do download firware, but I dont know what choose in By Series drop down list when I choose Notebook in Category
m
l
July 31, 2010 10:16:22 AM

It is bootable
m
l
July 31, 2010 10:17:14 AM

Exactly, in BIOS I don't see second (first is built in) optical device listed
m
l
July 31, 2010 10:36:04 AM

buwish said:
So, the drive works in Windows, but you cannot see it in the BIOS, correct? Unless you are trying to boot from the drive, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you can go to Gigabyte's support site and download the latest drivers/firmware for your laptop. If that doesn't work, you can also download the latest BIOS update as well from the same location.

I try to download it from here:
http://gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.a...
but when I choose Notebook in Category, I haven't option for my laptop series (W566) in My Series drop down list.
m
l
July 31, 2010 3:02:49 PM

If there is no OPTION for your Series... that indicates they do not have a BIOS upgrade for your Laptop.....
m
l
!