slow network and modem

Help. for some reason our home network is very slow. we
have two computers on a wired 3com home network. only 1 of
the two (either or) can dial the internet and the other
computer can not access the net despite setting up the home
network on windows xp. This just started the other day.
Prior to that, we had no problems with both units on the
internet at the same time. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled the nic's. I have downloaded all the current
microsoft updates. but we still experience slow and
singular connections.
1 answer Last reply
More about slow network modem

    This newsgroup is only for the Microsoft networking hardware & not
    networking in general.

    Please either post what Microsoft networking hardware you are using or
    post in a different newsgroup that is more appropriate.

    Newsgroups that would be appropriate is one for your specific version of
    Windows or a general networking news group assuming you don't have any
    of the Microsoft networking hardware involved.

    Barry wrote:

    > Help. for some reason our home network is very slow. we
    > have two computers on a wired 3com home network. only 1 of
    > the two (either or) can dial the internet and the other
    > computer can not access the net despite setting up the home
    > network on windows xp. This just started the other day.
    > Prior to that, we had no problems with both units on the
    > internet at the same time. I have uninstalled and
    > reinstalled the nic's. I have downloaded all the current
    > microsoft updates. but we still experience slow and
    > singular connections.

Routers Microsoft Networking