Serious Problem of Partitions

September 10, 2005 3:25:02 AM

Hi,
I'm in big trouble, I have 2 hard drives. Hard drive A MASTER had two three
partitions one partition Xp Pro, and other two partitions of data.
Hard drive B SLAVE have three Partitions first partition Xp Pro, 2nd
partiotion windows 2003 and 3rd partiotion just data.
My MBR was on Hard drive A Xp Pro. Than i installed Linux fedore on Hard
drive B. Then some thing happened to my hard drive A first partition and i
was unable to boot. I tried to repair XP over there the formatt show UNKNOWN
suppose to show NTFS. I knew some thing happed to my partition.
So then i un pluged hard drive A and i run repair on hard drive B as MASTER
and rerun FIXMBR and bootcfg and settup asked me for XP and 2003 OS to add in
the list. I added both of them.
And after that i can boot through Hard drive B XP Pro only, if i slect
Windows 2003 it does nothing my screen goes black and just stay there, no
error no message.
Second when i reboot through Xp Pro i'm unable to some of my partions the
one i was able to view before.
Third, i pluged in back my second hard drive as slave, when i click on drive
it say drive not formatted. And unable to see other partions on this drive as
well, the one i was able to see before as DATA.
Wha should i do to fix the XP Partition the one now say unknown formatt, and
to see my DATA partitions again and run my windows 2003 OS again.

If u gys didn't get any thing ask me pls. Pls help.
Thanx

More about : problem partitions

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:05:51 PM

Hi,

To recover the partition, you might try testdisk from cgsecurity.org, it is
fairly reliable and works well for these tasks. As to Win2003, it's because
you are currently using the XP version of ntldr and ntdetect.com which don't
recognize the installation. You need to copy back the ones from the server
disk and overwrite the existing ones.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm in big trouble, I have 2 hard drives. Hard drive A MASTER had two
> three
> partitions one partition Xp Pro, and other two partitions of data.
> Hard drive B SLAVE have three Partitions first partition Xp Pro, 2nd
> partiotion windows 2003 and 3rd partiotion just data.
> My MBR was on Hard drive A Xp Pro. Than i installed Linux fedore on Hard
> drive B. Then some thing happened to my hard drive A first partition and i
> was unable to boot. I tried to repair XP over there the formatt show
> UNKNOWN
> suppose to show NTFS. I knew some thing happed to my partition.
> So then i un pluged hard drive A and i run repair on hard drive B as
> MASTER
> and rerun FIXMBR and bootcfg and settup asked me for XP and 2003 OS to add
> in
> the list. I added both of them.
> And after that i can boot through Hard drive B XP Pro only, if i slect
> Windows 2003 it does nothing my screen goes black and just stay there, no
> error no message.
> Second when i reboot through Xp Pro i'm unable to some of my partions the
> one i was able to view before.
> Third, i pluged in back my second hard drive as slave, when i click on
> drive
> it say drive not formatted. And unable to see other partions on this drive
> as
> well, the one i was able to see before as DATA.
> Wha should i do to fix the XP Partition the one now say unknown formatt,
> and
> to see my DATA partitions again and run my windows 2003 OS again.
>
> If u gys didn't get any thing ask me pls. Pls help.
> Thanx
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:15:01 PM

Hi Rick thanx for your support.
my win 2003 problem is solved. Now my first hard drive's XP and W2k3 are
working ok. I tried 'testdisk' software but it was unable to fix my
partitions.
Now i installed 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' software here i was able to
move one of my Data partition from Hard drive B to Hard drive A, which i was
unable to access, now i can access this partition from hard drive A.
But still my big concern, the XP Pro partion on Hard drive B which has alot
of data i need, i'm unabe to access. Now this is the only partion left on my
Hard drive B. I don't care for XP Pro coz now my active and primary partion
is XP Pro on Hard Drive A.
In ACRONIS DISK DIRESTOR when i check the property of xp partition of hard
drive B it says FILESYSTEM - NONE
TYPE - FS: NONE PARTITION: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS)
Is there another way or Tool to access this partition, not for booting, just
for saving some files.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To recover the partition, you might try testdisk from cgsecurity.org, it is
> fairly reliable and works well for these tasks. As to Win2003, it's because
> you are currently using the XP version of ntldr and ntdetect.com which don't
> recognize the installation. You need to copy back the ones from the server
> disk and overwrite the existing ones.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 7:57:54 PM

Well,

In order to recover data Active@ Undelete software can be used. It has
good recover algorithm. Really good, so I was always able to recover
with this tool. Recommended.
http://www.active-undelete.com
!