Blue screen while trying to install SP2

I'm having a problem with this computer that I removed a bunch of spyware
and viruses from. Basically the issue is at the same point every time I
attempt to install SP2 it blue screens on me. There are no errors in event
viewer when I reboot for that exact time it blue screened. I'm wondering
what could be causing this. I've already check and made sure it wasn't
faulty ram. Any other ideas what may be causing this system to blue screen
at the same exact point each and every time I try to install SP2? Only with
SP2, I can browse the net etc all the time without any issues.

--
Nocturnal
6 answers Last reply

    Could be for several reasons. Will add this to my todo list and come up
    with a page of checkpoints. Good luck in the meantime and do some reading
    here and let us know what worked/helped:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sp2+won%27t+install

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem with this computer that I removed a bunch of spyware
    > and viruses from. Basically the issue is at the same point every time I
    > attempt to install SP2 it blue screens on me. There are no errors in
    > event viewer when I reboot for that exact time it blue screened. I'm
    > wondering what could be causing this. I've already check and made sure it
    > wasn't faulty ram. Any other ideas what may be causing this system to
    > blue screen at the same exact point each and every time I try to install
    > SP2? Only with SP2, I can browse the net etc all the time without any
    > issues.
    >

    > --
    > Nocturnal

    Will do. I'm glad you're back too. I hope you can help me figure this one
    out.

    --
    Nocturnal

    > Could be for several reasons. Will add this to my todo list and come up
    > with a page of checkpoints. Good luck in the meantime and do some reading
    > here and let us know what worked/helped:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sp2+won%27t+install
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    > Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
    >

    > "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm having a problem with this computer that I removed a bunch of spyware
    >> and viruses from. Basically the issue is at the same point every time I
    >> attempt to install SP2 it blue screens on me. There are no errors in
    >> event viewer when I reboot for that exact time it blue screened. I'm
    >> wondering what could be causing this. I've already check and made sure
    >> it wasn't faulty ram. Any other ideas what may be causing this system to
    >> blue screen at the same exact point each and every time I try to install
    >> SP2? Only with SP2, I can browse the net etc all the time without any
    >> issues.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Nocturnal

    Hi

    What is the error message on the blue screen?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem with this computer that I removed a bunch of spyware
    > and viruses from. Basically the issue is at the same point every time I
    > attempt to install SP2 it blue screens on me. There are no errors in
    > event viewer when I reboot for that exact time it blue screened. I'm
    > wondering what could be causing this. I've already check and made sure it
    > wasn't faulty ram. Any other ideas what may be causing this system to
    > blue screen at the same exact point each and every time I try to install
    > SP2? Only with SP2, I can browse the net etc all the time without any
    > issues.
    >

    > --
    > Nocturnal

    Great to see you back Kelly.

    --

    In news:eeCLv4dtFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> typed:

    > Could be for several reasons. Will add this to my todo list
    > and come
    > up with a page of checkpoints. Good luck in the meantime and
    > do some
    > reading here and let us know what worked/helped:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sp2+won%27t+install

    Welcome back, Kelly!

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Thanks, guys. Am still trying to catch up in here.........

    --

    > In news:eeCLv4dtFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> typed:
    >
    >> Could be for several reasons. Will add this to my todo list and come
    >> up with a page of checkpoints. Good luck in the meantime and do some
    >> reading here and let us know what worked/helped:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sp2+won%27t+install
    >

    > Welcome back, Kelly!

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

Blue Screen Microsoft Windows XP