Add/Remove Windows Components won't show me the list

When I open up Add/Remove programs, click on Add/Remove Windows Components,
it automatically starts the Configuring Components dialog, anding with
"Success", and never shows me the list.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening ?

Thanks,
Scott

Oh, yes, I am running XP SP2 with all patches applied.

Scott

"ScottHW" <scotthwnet-ng@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I open up Add/Remove programs, click on Add/Remove Windows
> Components,
> it automatically starts the Configuring Components dialog, anding with
> "Success", and never shows me the list.
>
> Anyone have any idea why this is happening ?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

OK, I figured this one out though it doesn't completely make sense. I had
read a long time ago a Windows XP tip where you could edit
WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf, and edit out all occurrences of "hide" to get ALL of
the components to show up in Add/Remove Windows Components. I have done
this before successfully, but I am thinking that MS did something to SP2 to
render this tip inoperative, thus the problem I was having. When I put the
"hide"s back, it started working again.