ravi

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

hi,

i have a toshiba Tecra M2 notebook with XP Pro and a NVidia GeForce FX
Go5200 32M/64M graphics card. The complete unit came preloaded from Toshiba.

When i start the machine, the wallpaper loads up crisp and clear and then
after XP has loaded up.... and before the startup programs (Microsoft
anti-spyware and ALRoboform) starts loading the screen goes black for about
6-8 secs and gthen the wallpaer comes on.....only to have the wallpaer with
jagged lines and not crsip as it was before the black screen.

Any ideas as to why this shouild be?

Thanks for your help.

Ravi

Malke

Ravi wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a toshiba Tecra M2 notebook with XP Pro and a NVidia GeForce FX
> Go5200 32M/64M graphics card. The complete unit came preloaded from
> Toshiba.
>
> When i start the machine, the wallpaper loads up crisp and clear and
> then after XP has loaded up.... and before the startup programs
> (Microsoft anti-spyware and ALRoboform) starts loading the screen goes
> black for about 6-8 secs and gthen the wallpaer comes on.....only to
> have the wallpaer with jagged lines and not crsip as it was before the
> black screen.

1. Reinstall the video drivers. Get them from Toshiba's site for your
specific model laptop. If that doesn't work -

2. Contact Toshiba tech support because your video card is probably
failing.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:03:17 -0700, Malke
<invalid@not-real.com> wrote:

>1. Reinstall the video drivers. Get them from Toshiba's site for your
>specific model laptop. If that doesn't work
nVidea drivers r updated almost hourly :)
I like ATI cause they dont!

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

Malke

Larry(LJL269) wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:03:17 -0700, Malke
> <invalid@not-real.com> wrote:
>
>>1. Reinstall the video drivers. Get them from Toshiba's site for your
>>specific model laptop. If that doesn't work
> nVidea drivers r updated almost hourly :)
> I like ATI cause they dont!

For laptops, it is a better idea to get drivers from the laptop mftr.
Most video chips have been made specifically for that particular laptop
OEM and model machine.

Malke