Netbook vs tablet/laptop computers

Hello,
I am a chef instructor and move around a lot. I want a machine that's small like a netbook (10 -13)to hold my recipes, calendar and spread sheets. I also don't see well... can one change the netbook resolution down like on a PC to get larger print?
4 answers Last reply
More about netbook tablet laptop computers
  1. Usually when it comes to resolution, you can increase the size of everything pretty easily with either a laptop or netbook, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you are looking for something that has a some "guts" to it, I'd recommend a laptop. If you do not want to spend much, a netbook would be best. For example, check this link out to see what kinds of laptops are available out there with a fairly small screen, i.e. "ultra portables." You can also adjust the search parameters yourself:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032+103980222&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=32&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=
  2. jerry_62 said:
    Hello,
    I am a chef instructor and move around a lot. I want a machine that's small like a netbook (10 -13)to hold my recipes, calendar and spread sheets. I also don't see well... can one change the netbook resolution down like on a PC to get larger print?

Running a small netbook screen at a low resolution will be annoying. It's like trying to use your regular sized monitor while staring through a cardboard tube, You only see small sections of the entire screen.
    As you move around alot weight is an important consideration but usability is also important. Go to a store and look at the different sized screens and feel the heft of the units. A 14" screen may be as small as you want to go if you don't see well.
  3. sorry to bump an old thread. with tablets getting better, how would it compare to a comprably priced laptop?
  4. Hello vplc;
    Start your own thread please.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Computers Tablets Netbooks Product