Can Comcast and VerizonDSL exist next to each other?

I have WinXP Pro and use MS Outlook 2003 for composing , sending, and
receivin e-mail.

I also have Comcast cable and want to compare Verizon DSL with Comcast.

No problem getting to the Internet with Verizon, no problem receiving mail,
no problem sending mail, all with Verizon DSL.

BUT - when I receive a message and want to forward it, it always wants to go
to Comcast and says it cannot find the server Comcast.

This is very misterious since

1. I have set Verizon as the Default

2. I have Comcast cable modem unplugged at this time.

Now , when I go and copy, then paste that same message and send it to the
same people as those to whom I wanted to forward it to, all works. But that
is a lot of extra steps and should not be necessary.

I tried it also in Outlook Express 6.x and again all works, except Forward.

How do I fix this?

Just a hunch, open OE > Tools > Accounts > double-click Verizon account >
click the 'Connection' tab, uncheck 'always connect to this account
using..'., click OK, then Close

Drew

"Ritter197@Comcast.net" <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have WinXP Pro and use MS Outlook 2003 for composing , sending, and
> receivin e-mail.
>
> I also have Comcast cable and want to compare Verizon DSL with Comcast.
>
> No problem getting to the Internet with Verizon, no problem receiving
> mail,
> no problem sending mail, all with Verizon DSL.
>
> BUT - when I receive a message and want to forward it, it always wants to
> go
> to Comcast and says it cannot find the server Comcast.
>
> This is very misterious since
>
> 1. I have set Verizon as the Default
>
> 2. I have Comcast cable modem unplugged at this time.
>
> Now , when I go and copy, then paste that same message and send it to the
> same people as those to whom I wanted to forward it to, all works. But
> that
> is a lot of extra steps and should not be necessary.
>
> I tried it also in Outlook Express 6.x and again all works, except
> Forward.
>
> How do I fix this?

Ritter197@Comcast.net wrote:
> I have WinXP Pro and use MS Outlook 2003 for composing ,
> sending, and receivin e-mail.
>
> I also have Comcast cable and want to compare Verizon DSL
> with Comcast.
> No problem getting to the Internet with Verizon, no problem
> receiving mail, no problem sending mail, all with Verizon
> DSL.
> BUT - when I receive a message and want to forward it, it
> always wants to go to Comcast and says it cannot find the
> server Comcast.
> This is very misterious since
>
> 1. I have set Verizon as the Default
>
> 2. I have Comcast cable modem unplugged at this time.
>
> Now , when I go and copy, then paste that same message and
> send it to the same people as those to whom I wanted to
> forward it to, all works. But that is a lot of extra steps
> and should not be necessary.
> I tried it also in Outlook Express 6.x and again all works,
> except Forward.
> How do I fix this?

First off, if you haven't done so already, you might want to
post this question in the Outlook newsgroup:

I'm no expert on the inner workings of email delivery but I
believe the problem you're having is due to the fact that
you're still using Comcast's SMTP server for outgoing email.
Comcast, like mosts ISP's, attempts to block activity that is
used by spammers. Preventing forwarding of messages from a
Verizon IP address would be one such policy . Verizon could
also be preventing this activity by denying forwarding through
an SMTP server other than outgoing.verizon.net. I suspect that
even if you were to change the SMTP server for your Comcast
email account to outgoing.verizon.net you'd still have
problems.

Here's an article that explains it in detail:

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1593hq.html

Your copy and paste workaround is probably the best approach
you can take during the testing period. If this was going to be
a long term issue the best solution would be to install your
own SMTP server on your PC. Here's a freeware application that
will do the job: http://www.argosoft.com/mailserver/.

Good luck

Nepatsfan