Error 1606 - I use Windows XP Home on a Dell c0mputer

When I try to access Help and Support I do not get any response. Also, when I
try new programs I get the following message
"Backup Dell-installed Programs
Error 1606 - Could not access network location"
I read the previous posts and when I access Help and Support in
Services.msc, the item is shown as set on automatic and started, so that is
not the problem.
Help please
Jaybeth
1 answer Last reply
More about error 1606 windows home dell c0mputer

    "Error 1606. Could not access network location <common administrative tools>.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B315352
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Jaybeth" wrote:

    > When I try to access Help and Support I do not get any response. Also, when I
    > try new programs I get the following message
    > "Backup Dell-installed Programs
    > Error 1606 - Could not access network location"
    > I read the previous posts and when I access Help and Support in
    > Services.msc, the item is shown as set on automatic and started, so that is
    > not the problem.
    > Help please
    > Jaybeth

Support Dell Windows XP