Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have a new Fujitsu Lifebook 4010 and am learning to use a tablet PC which
is new to me. I have one annoyance which I am interested if there is a
known solution. This does not appear to be a Fujitsu issue. It's probably
not a tablet issue. It is probably a portrait orientation issue.

I operate with the taskbar on the left side of the display when the tablet
is either in portrait or landscape orientation. I also set the taskbar to
auto hide to give me more working area. I prefer the left side taskbar for
its conveniences.

In landscape mode I can unhide the taskbar by moving the pointer to the left
side of the display. The unhide works from the top to the bottom of the
display.

However, in portrait mode the unhide will work at the lower portion of the
taskbar but not at the top. It appears that the unhide sensitivity is only
to the extent that it would be if the orientation were landscape. For
example, for 1020x768 and 768x1024, the sensitivity in portrait mode appears
to be only for the lower 768 pixels out of 1024.

Because I am usually going to the top of the taskbar for either the start
button or the quick launch icons, this failure is a big annoyance!

Is this a known issue? Is there a hotfix for it?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I played around with calibration in both portrait and landscape orientation
and the unhide now works. Moreover, the calibration sensitivity is poor.
In landscape mode I lost unhide completely until I "lied" to the
calibration. I suspect this is a Fujitsu issue after all.

"Rich Raffenetti" <raffenetti@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a new Fujitsu Lifebook 4010 and am learning to use a tablet PC which
>is new to me. I have one annoyance which I am interested if there is a
>known solution. This does not appear to be a Fujitsu issue. It's probably
>not a tablet issue. It is probably a portrait orientation issue.
>
> I operate with the taskbar on the left side of the display when the tablet
> is either in portrait or landscape orientation. I also set the taskbar to
> auto hide to give me more working area. I prefer the left side taskbar
> for its conveniences.
>
> In landscape mode I can unhide the taskbar by moving the pointer to the
> left side of the display. The unhide works from the top to the bottom of
> the display.
>
> However, in portrait mode the unhide will work at the lower portion of the
> taskbar but not at the top. It appears that the unhide sensitivity is
> only to the extent that it would be if the orientation were landscape.
> For example, for 1020x768 and 768x1024, the sensitivity in portrait mode
> appears to be only for the lower 768 pixels out of 1024.
>
> Because I am usually going to the top of the taskbar for either the start
> button or the quick launch icons, this failure is a big annoyance!
>
> Is this a known issue? Is there a hotfix for it?

terri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I wouldn't blame it solely on Fujitsu, Rich. I've seen the problem on a
couple of my Tablets as well.

I prefer hiding the taskbar as well, and there are times where it simply
won't come back up without a lot of juggling and calibration changes, even
in its default spot on the bottom and in landscape. Often, the only way I
can get it back up is to use the double arrow and pull it to double, then
change it back to single height.
--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Windows MVP - Tablet PC