pdb files on Clie 73

a b } Memory
November 30, 2004 5:12:58 PM

I have been given a Clie73v to read a specific pdb book. The book is
on CF card and is 29Mb. I can not get the Picsel viewer to read it.
Can the Clie read pdb files from other data cards or only internal
memory???

Thanks

Justin

More about : pdb files clie

Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 30, 2004 11:04:22 PM

On 30 Nov 2004 14:12:58 -0800, justinmg@purplenet.co.uk (JMG) wrote:

>I have been given a Clie73v to read a specific pdb book. The book is
>on CF card and is 29Mb. I can not get the Picsel viewer to read it.
>Can the Clie read pdb files from other data cards or only internal
>memory???
>
>Thanks
>
>Justin

That is a large "book" at 29 mb. For example, most Bible databases are
around, or slightly over, 2 mb. Are you sure it is a "book" as in
ebook? In any case, as was mentioned by Hans, .pdb is somewhat generic
(could be an ebook reader database, even a game database). Probably
best to ask whoever you got the file from, what reader/program is
needed. At that size, I'm thinking it might be a dictionary database
or a medical database.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 3:12:27 AM

JMG wrote:

>I have been given a Clie73v to read a specific pdb book. The book is
>on CF card and is 29Mb. I can not get the Picsel viewer to read it.
>Can the Clie read pdb files from other data cards or only internal
>memory???
>
>Thanks
>
>Justin

What format is the PDB... PDB is really only a container format... a bit
like ZIP (but without compression) What's important is what's on the
inside. ask your friend what program he's using then ask again... but
with the given info, there's really nothing I can tell you.
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 4:25:54 AM

On 30 Nov 2004 14:12:58 -0800, JMG had this to say...

> I have been given a Clie73v to read a specific pdb book. The book is
> on CF card and is 29Mb. I can not get the Picsel viewer to read it.
> Can the Clie read pdb files from other data cards or only internal
> memory???
>
> Thanks
>
> Justin

Open it with a word processor on the PC/Mac the file header usually says
what program it is for in plain english, or at least the creator ID of
the program it is for.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson wrote:

>On 30 Nov 2004 14:12:58 -0800, JMG had this to say...
>

>>I have been given a Clie73v to read a specific pdb book. The book is
>>on CF card and is 29Mb. I can not get the Picsel viewer to read it.
>>Can the Clie read pdb files from other data cards or only internal
>>memory???
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Justin
>>

>Open it with a word processor on the PC/Mac the file header usually says
>what program it is for in plain english, or at least the creator ID of
>the program it is for.

Sorry, Windows has no MIME types... and I'm not even sure it would work
on Linux.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 1:58:37 PM

Yes it is medical. In the gibberish is SDocSilX, which goes with the
other part of the title Isilo book.

a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 2:14:57 PM

On 1 Dec 2004 10:58:37 -0800, justinmg@purplenet.co.uk (JMG) wrote:

>Yes it is medical. In the gibberish is SDocSilX, which goes with the
>other part of the title Isilo book.

I guess you figured it out. "SilX" is the CreatorID for the iSilo
reader.

http://www.isilo.com/
!