Ace

Hi, I'm using Windows XP and latley my computer will randomly freeze, forcing
me to restart it. It's frozen during games, launching games, browsing the
net, and even while restarting itself. I've been lucky that I'm able to post
this message without it freezing. I thought that maybe it was over heating
but, I've had it for a year and I don't see why that would change now. Any
help would be great.

Hi,

Freezing, especially random freezing, it nearly always hardware related
though on occasion it can be video driver related. Updating the video
drivers would help in the latter case. Otherwise, some component is failing.
Heat related? Possibly, dust builds up over time, and a component exposed to
heat build up can slowly degrade and begin to fail. You need a technician to
properly diagnose these problems, but a quick check of the capacitors on the
motherboard is often a dead giveaway. If any are leaking or popped, then
it's time for a new motherboard.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/