Computer Speaker Question

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I'm in the military and will be forward deployed soon, bringing my laptop. The speakers on my Lenovo W510 are horrible and so I'm looking for decent PC speakers to make up the difference while I'm away from my desktop computer (with a 5.1 system). I'm looking at either a 2.0 or 2.1 system. Obviously the 2.1 has the separate subwoofer, although they take up more space. That being said I'm looking at either picking up an older Logitech Z2300 system or the Creative T40 Series II. Both have decent reviews with respect to sound quality. I have older Z5300s for my desktop and love them but they take up a lot of space. How do the Creative's sound? Lastly, any recommendations on great USB wireless speakers so I can keep my headphone jack free? Just curious. Thanks for any advice.

http://computer-speakers-review.toptenreviews.com/

You did not say how large you wanted the speakers to be, if you need to move them around a lot or if they will sit there. I have a set of the M-Audio AV-40 speakers from that link, they are large, but have amazing sound quality and loudness. Pretty much set em and leave them alone size though. Looks like the T40 are good also.

I don't think there are any good wireless speakers unless you ware willing to spend over $200 on a home audio system. Many speakers have a headphone jack on them anyway you can use. I know the M-Audio ones have not only a headphone jack, but also a line-in on the front so you can use them with a portable music player. If you have the space, you will be very happy with the M-Audio ones, best 2.0 speakers I have ever heard, and blow away most 2.1 sets I have heard.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I actually have a Set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's that I have set up to a TV...haha. They are great but I'm looking to see if there is anything that sounds in the ballpark in a 2.0 set that is easier to travel with. Right now I've somewhat narrowed it down to the Creative T40's or Bose Companion 2's. Any opinions on either of these, or another great sounding 2.0 set in the $100 - $150 range? I actually tried the AV40s hooked up to the TV prior to the Klipsch and wasn't impressed...and yes, they are pretty big.