Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Possible Acer P235H back light out

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 7, 2011 5:53:33 PM

I woke up this morning and got on my computer as usual, no big deal there. I started to check emails and such and then out of no where my right monitor's back-light went out. I was using it last night with ease and no problems what so ever so its not preexisting at all. I'm not too entirely sure its the back-light because after it goes out i can turn it off, then on again and the back light is on. I don't want to RMA it to the manufacturer because i can replace the bulb myself when it comes down to it. I'm asking if it is the bulb that is burned out or if it is something more serious in the monitor that i have to replace or send in for repairs. Please don't make me go very much longer with out dual screens, I don't see how people with singles do it everyday.

More about : acer p235h back light

Best solution

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 7, 2011 10:24:10 PM

Shine a torch on the screen and see if you can see any programs running.

If not you might as well have a look at this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/58596-3-official-flat...
Related resources
February 7, 2011 10:26:25 PM

I know its the back light as i can see programs running etc. im asking if anyone knows what the real problem is because as it shows in my video it turns on fine the shuts off.
Score
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 7, 2011 10:29:11 PM

Sounds like the power supply to the backlight rather than the lights themselves.
Score
February 7, 2011 10:43:26 PM

Do you have any remedies? Im about to open it up and reset the bulb.
Score
February 7, 2011 11:00:06 PM

Ignore that, sorry. I had the tab open and am researching else where too.
Score
August 22, 2011 10:55:05 PM

My monitor (same model) just started doing this over the weekend. Have you fixed yours?
Score
August 22, 2011 10:59:23 PM

I had a 4 year warranty through Acer with the monitor and sent it in, The problem was either a blown transistor or the CCFL bulb was defective.
Score
January 21, 2013 7:26:34 PM

My monitor is starting to stutter. It's making a funny noise while the screen is flashing. I expect that the back light or its feed is failing.

I'd like to take a look at the inside, but I can't get it open. I got the stand off and found a screw beneath it, but that's the only one I found for the housing.

How do I get the housing open?
Score
January 21, 2013 11:24:32 PM

i think so,Sounds like the power supply to the backlight rather than the lights themselves.
Score
January 22, 2013 9:50:36 AM

Yeah, but I can't get it disassembled
Score
January 27, 2013 9:43:55 AM

‚ÄčOk, so with help from Acer (they send me some instruction pictures), I got the monitor open. Now I've got the board detached. When I test the monitor now, I can hear the sound coming from the corner of the screen/backlight itself. No funny souds from the board. What would that mean?

Should I still seach for the problem in the board?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? I've made pictures of the board.

Score
February 5, 2013 10:57:16 PM

Best answer selected by theremainder.
Score
!