duffsparky

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2005

Help needed to clear out clutter from Xp installation. I'm sure if I
look around I'll find the answers to my questions, trouble is on this
occassion I don't have time so please help. I'm really caught between a
rock and a hard place.

I'm trying to regain some disk space and have noticed in the windows
folder there are a lot of files $NTUninstallKBXXXXXX plus KBXXXXXX plus
QXXXXXX. Can these be safely removed if I don't wish to uninstall any
XP updates. I know about deleting *.TMP and *.chk file but are there
any others that I can get shot of without regretting it.

Thanks in advance,

duffsparky.

On 10 Sep 2005 10:29:08 -0700, "duffsparky"
<glenn.pearce@saturn.co.uk> wrote:

>Help needed to clear out clutter from Xp installation. I'm sure if I
>look around I'll find the answers to my questions, trouble is on this
>occassion I don't have time so please help. I'm really caught between a
>rock and a hard place.
http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/index.html
$0 app will do much of ur work auto

>I'm trying to regain some disk space and have noticed in the windows
>folder there are a lot of files $NTUninstallKBXXXXXX plus KBXXXXXX plus
>QXXXXXX. Can these be safely removed if I don't wish to uninstall any
>XP updates.

$NTUninstallKBXXXXXX r ok to remove. Rest dont know.

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:01:31 GMT in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Larry(LJL269) favored us with...
> Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
> the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP

That's a great sentiment. It would be even better if you spelled
"advice" correctly. (The noun is "advice"; "advise" is a verb.)

I'd have e-mailed you privately, but you choose to post with a bogus
address.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.