Sign in with
Your question

What To Buy

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 3, 2004 11:04:51 PM

I am going to prestently build a computer for my friend. We are looking at a 3000+ A64 right now. I was wondering if you guys could give me a board with a good soundcard built in that proforms well. Also I was wondering what kinda hsf I should get. More then likely he wont be OCing. We have almost all the rest sorted out but I know that the board you get makes a big diffrence now. We are going for a pure gaming rig most other areas dont matter as much but I would like something that proformces ok in other areas but I am really looking at gaming benchmarks.

Just to let you know my friend is a AMD fanboy. He wont get anything else but AMD. At least I talked him out of a 2800+ Barten and got him a A64 instead.

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

More about : buy

a b à CPUs
February 4, 2004 12:12:13 AM

According to OCworkbench (one of the few sites that tested it), the Soyo K8USA is the best board you can buy for the A64. The second best would be the ECS 755-A2. If you want even better choices, you'll have to wait until they get introduced.

Let him get the 2800+, the nForce2 chipsets are the best in the industry. Better to have a top notch board than a top speed CPU.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
February 4, 2004 6:19:35 PM

I would let him keep with the 2800+ but he really isn't looking to OC and the price to proformace is better for the A64 as it is still well within his price range.

Thanks for the help for the board

Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are
February 7, 2004 12:28:13 AM

bump

!