tech CIRQUS VOLTAIRE update pt4,GAME FIXED,yipee

hey guys,
was on here about a month ago,below is last posting
http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/f0574c30ccac83d8/e95d70995f3f13e3?lnk=st&q=tech+cirqus+voltaire+update+please&rnum=1&hl=en#e95d70995f3f13e3
well i took game to my friends place and he fixed it quicker than i
thought,he gave me a summary of problems and as i did say will let you
know what happened,this was his below list

"Got some good news for you. Found 5 faults with the Cirqus Voltaire
and
>repaired 3 of them.
>1.Open circuit ground rail to Low power solenoid transistors
>2.Wire broken off solenoid in head box
>3.Open circuit Data bus connection for U7 pin 3
>4.Neon control board not working
>5.Shooter lane switch not working (sounds like it is but no change in
>state.)
>
>Currently all solenoids working fine (Game is playable and passes all
>start up tests)
>
>Remaining faults are:
>4.Neon does not work - looks like a problem with the actual controller
>for the neon itself. To get to it I have to drill out rivets in
plastic.
>Not sure if you want me to proceed with that one.
>5.Shooter lane switch is stuffed. I need a replacement switch. I
suspect
>this is why multi ball doesn't work properly. I've tested wiring for
>switch and its all honkey dorey. Just need new switch and fit it into
>it."

he also repaired broken wires in RINGMASTER
am pretty sure some if not all problems were mentioned in original
replys,but with th exception of neon,everything else is working a
treat.
now some may remember that i had never played CV before as this one was
always out of order and the only one i knew of around here so am very
happy that the gameplay lives up to the artwork which was what first
attracted me to game
i must say that CV is a fabulous game,the more i play it the more i
like it,when friends come around they avoid all other games and head
straight for CV.
that RINGMASTER is an unbelievable feature,in fact its got so many
great features i am astounded that it
was allowed to be "out of order" for so long
plus being an aussie i love the "amazing roonie" video mode
one of the best games ive ever played,absolutely awesome.
so thanks again everyone who previously helped and game is fixed and
being well played by all,
regards jeff http://www.pinballswanted.com/

sorry guys,
just realised i edited out repairs by accident so below is a basic
summary of what he found

>Got some good news for you. Found 5 faults with the Cirqus Voltaire and
>repaired 3 of them.
>1.Open circuit ground rail to Low power solenoid transistors
>2.Wire broken off solenoid in head box
>3.Open circuit Data bus connection for U7 pin 3
>4.Neon control board not working
>5.Shooter lane switch not working (sounds like it is but no change in
>state.)
>
>Currently all solenoids working fine (Game is playable and passes all
>start up tests)
>
>Remaining faults are:
>4.Neon does not work - looks like a problem with the actual controller
>for the neon itself. To get to it I have to drill out rivets in
plastic.
>Not sure if you want me to proceed with that one.
>5.Shooter lane switch is stuffed. I need a replacement switch. I
suspect
>this is why multi ball doesn't work properly. I've tested wiring for
>switch and its all honkey dorey. Just need new switch and fit it into
>it.

jeff http://www.pinballswanted.com

Jeff. what is that Gun Fight all about. Never seen one of those. do
you have more pics of that and could you tell me how it works. Looks
awesome. Glad to hear you got the CV up and running. That game is the
best. It's the only game to take the number 1 spot from addams. And
addams was No.1 for 12 years. :)

Thanks kirb. Game looks great. I don't understand how the shots
"fire" and register. Does it actually shoot a projectile? or does it
work on where the trigger was pulled in ratio to where the other guys
"handle" was at the time? Anyone know how many were made?

Nwojedi wrote:
> Thanks kirb. Game looks great. I don't understand how the shots
> "fire" and register. Does it actually shoot a projectile? or does it
> work on where the trigger was pulled in ratio to where the other guys
> "handle" was at the time? Anyone know how many were made?

doesnt physically shoot anything,it all takes place underneath
playfield
with leaf switches on a board with areas that line up with items when
shot and guns move left to right across width of cabinet and swivel on
its axis.
it is very cool as cowboys collapse when you hit them and cactus fall
over,not sure how many,i had a couple but sold one last year to finance
other games,must be pretty rare though i as i had interest from
everywhere.
was lucky enough to buy the same GUNFIGHT i used to play as a kid and
have kept that one,thanks
jeff

oh yeah Nwojedi
shoot me an email (its on my site) and i can send some pics over next
few days
jeff http://www.pinballswanted.com/