Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

An incomplete Zone installation was detected. To correct
> this problem: click OK, close and restart your browser,
> and return to the Zone. (Reason: ZSetup Failed)"
cant delete msn gaming zone to reinstall...i followed everything in this link you posted and no progress zone is still in windowscomps/games.. msn zone is not on my add/remove listings but it is in my program files..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241200..
when DLing zone files i see the spade instantly (cable modem) and it says download complete.. untill i click continue

don wrote:

> An incomplete Zone installation was detected. To correct
> > this problem: click OK, close and restart your browser,
> > and return to the Zone. (Reason: ZSetup Failed)"
> cant delete msn gaming zone to reinstall.. I followed everything in this link you posted and no progress zone is still in windowscomps/games.. msn zone is not on my add/remove listings but it is in my program files..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241200..
> when DLing zone files i see the spade instantly (cable modem) and it says download complete.. until I click continue

Open Internet Properties, on the General tab, click Settings, View
Objects, and see if HeartbeatCtl Class is listed. If so, right-click
it, click Repair. If not listed, it's so damaged it has a numeric
name. Right-click each one, click Properties. If it's a Codec, leave
it there, but others that are unidentifiable can be removed. Then
reenter the Zone for a fresh install.

With XP, the Zone install is included in Add/Remove Programs, Windows
Components, listed in the left column. But if the problem is a damaged
Heartbeat install, I doubt removing and reinstalling the Zone will clear
it up. Here are other things to try:

Heartbeat Movie
http://zonesysops.com/clips/heartbeat.html

NibblesNbits Help site
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/index.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck

I've never been able to find Microsoft Gaming Zone as
part of the Windows component. I'm running XP Pro.
Whenever I have to uninstall the zone I always get
the "is use" for some of the zone components. Those
aren't even removal from the dos prompt. I've never been
able to remove that "Windows" directory that comes in as
part of Microsoft Gaming Zone. I'm not sure you ever
need to but even if you uninstall "Microsoft Gaming Zone"
it stays in the program files because that component is
maintained.

clvck

JanyDoe wrote:

> I've never been able to find Microsoft Gaming Zone as
> part of the Windows component. I'm running XP Pro.
> Whenever I have to uninstall the zone I always get
> the "is use" for some of the zone components. Those
> aren't even removal from the dos prompt. I've never been
> able to remove that "Windows" directory that comes in as
> part of Microsoft Gaming Zone. I'm not sure you ever
> need to but even if you uninstall "Microsoft Gaming Zone"
> it stays in the program files because that component is
> maintained.

To add/remove Windows XP Games: Click START, Control Panel, Add or
Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, Accessories and
Utilities, [Details...], Games, [Details...], deselect and then reselect
the games, Click [OK] 3 times to finish.