bypick

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
I just got into the computer bios....what I really need is to change the floppy disk to be the primary drive so I can reformat the hard drive. I've get to advanced options and I am not able to move the floppy to the #1 slot. help!

bypick

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
Helps to read the manual.....did just that and found my way through prioritizing the drives...but it didn't help the problem. New computer tower with 2.4 MGhz won't load windows. All drives seem to be dead. I may have created the problem in the hard drive, but I can't even reformat the hard drive if the floppy won't function. Can't use the start up disk....no runs....

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
go back into bios, and select "fail safe" or "default values" or similar, this will set it back to a reasonable state. Not all are set to boot from A: first like they used to be, the boot option is normally under advanced cmos/advanced bios setup, if you go to the wrong screen and cant find it, exit that screen, if VERY unsure, exit totally without saving, then try again.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

bypick

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
Nope...none of the drives functioned at all. It just sat there and blinked it's little lights at me...lol...I took it to a tech yesterday. He has it up and running. I'll have more info about the problem today. Thanks!