Questor

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2004

When I put my headphone in my cd-player on my pc, there is no sound coming
out of my headphone. Do I have to activate it or something ?

Questor wrote:
> When I put my headphone in my cd-player on my pc, there is no sound coming
> out of my headphone. Do I have to activate it or something ?

Is your intent to hear audio CDs or other sounds?

The jack on the CD drive itself only works when playing audio CDs AND
using the decoding circuitry IN THE DRIVE. Some late model computers use
software and the sound accelerator (on a card or the motherboard) to
play audio CDs, bypassing the digital to analog circuitry in the drive.
If you feel comfortable looking inside your computer, count the cables
connected to your drive. If you only have two cables connected to that
drive, your audio CDs are probably being decoded by your sound accelerator.

Questor

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2004

Yes , I want to hear audio cd's .
Ive just checked my pc inside , it has only 2 cables the big white one (flat
cable maybe?) and the one with the yellow,black,red cables..
What should I do next ?.