MN 500 management tool

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 30, 2004 5:49:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I am having a huge extremely agrivating problem when I
try to connect to my base station management tool. My
network is up and running fine and has been for well over
a year now...but I have never once been able to access my
base station management tool. This wasn't an issue for so
long because I never had to make any changes. I'd like to
be able to switch it to an access point now though and
have absolutely no way of doing so to my knwoledge. I
have tried every stupid thing mentioned in the
troubleshooting and help files and still nothing. Any
REAL help would be greatly appreciated.

kriss

More about : 500 management tool

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 10:37:29 PM

Hi,

Check your Internet Explorer settings in the proxy settings to see if
there's any items in there.

To clear the proxy settings open up your Internet Explorer.
Then click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
Now click on the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN Settings button.
Now check to see if there are any checkmark boxes that are checked and if
there are uncheck them.
Then hit OK and OK again then go ahead to the address bar and type in
http://192.168.2.1
and you should be able to access it.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected
Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from the latest
Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go to
www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.

1. Use an Internet Firewall
2. Update Your Computer
3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software

To get more information and resources about how to help protect
your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
"Kriss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a huge extremely agrivating problem when I
> try to connect to my base station management tool. My
> network is up and running fine and has been for well over
> a year now...but I have never once been able to access my
> base station management tool. This wasn't an issue for so
> long because I never had to make any changes. I'd like to
> be able to switch it to an access point now though and
> have absolutely no way of doing so to my knwoledge. I
> have tried every stupid thing mentioned in the
> troubleshooting and help files and still nothing. Any
> REAL help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> kriss
August 30, 2004 10:37:30 PM

Thank you very much. I finally got a straight answer and
now it is working great. Thanks for your help

kriss

!