MN 500 management tool

Hi everyone,

I am having a huge extremely agrivating problem when I
try to connect to my base station management tool. My
network is up and running fine and has been for well over
a year now...but I have never once been able to access my
base station management tool. This wasn't an issue for so
long because I never had to make any changes. I'd like to
be able to switch it to an access point now though and
have absolutely no way of doing so to my knwoledge. I
have tried every stupid thing mentioned in the
troubleshooting and help files and still nothing. Any
REAL help would be greatly appreciated.

kriss
2 answers Last reply
More about management tool

    Hi,

    Check your Internet Explorer settings in the proxy settings to see if
    there's any items in there.

    To clear the proxy settings open up your Internet Explorer.
    Then click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
    Now click on the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN Settings button.
    Now check to see if there are any checkmark boxes that are checked and if
    there are uncheck them.
    Then hit OK and OK again then go ahead to the address bar and type in
    http://192.168.2.1
    and you should be able to access it.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected
    Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from the latest
    Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go to
    www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.

    1. Use an Internet Firewall
    2. Update Your Computer
    3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software

    To get more information and resources about how to help protect
    your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    "Kriss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am having a huge extremely agrivating problem when I
    > try to connect to my base station management tool. My
    > network is up and running fine and has been for well over
    > a year now...but I have never once been able to access my
    > base station management tool. This wasn't an issue for so
    > long because I never had to make any changes. I'd like to
    > be able to switch it to an access point now though and
    > have absolutely no way of doing so to my knwoledge. I
    > have tried every stupid thing mentioned in the
    > troubleshooting and help files and still nothing. Any
    > REAL help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > kriss

    Thank you very much. I finally got a straight answer and
    now it is working great. Thanks for your help

    kriss

Routers Hardware Management Microsoft Networking