What is SM1BG.exe

Greetings,

What is SM1BG.EXE? I found this in System Configuration Utility under the
Startup tab.

I am curious and would like to know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leer

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Background task installed by the drivers for USB based hard disks
or other such storage devices (MP3 players, etc...). Cypress
Semiconductor is the OEM manufacturer who will have made the
interface and written the driver for your USB storage device;
this will in turn have been packaged into the product that you
bought (an OEM manufacturer is a manufacturer who builds products
for other manufacturers to sell under their own badge - it is
unlikely, therefore, that your USB storage device will bear the
Cypress name).

See http://www.answersthatwork.com/ and look under "task list"

Steve

"Leer" <lgh@cts.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> What is SM1BG.EXE? I found this in System Configuration Utility
under the
> Startup tab.
>
> I am curious and would like to know.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Leer

Steve,

Thank you very much for your help and information.

If I unchecked that file under the start up tab will there be any adverse
effects with my computer?

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

Leer

> Steve,
>
> Thank you very much for your help and information.
>
> If I unchecked that file under the start up tab will there be any adverse
> effects with my computer?
>
> Thanks again for your help and understanding.

Check out http://www.answersthatwork.com/, click
on "Task List" and find the answer yourself.

"CapeGuy" <brightfan@cape.us> wrote in message
> "Leer" <lgh@cts.com> wrote in message
> > Steve,
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help and information.
> >
> > If I unchecked that file under the start up tab will there be any
adverse
> > effects with my computer?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help and understanding.
>
> Check out http://www.answersthatwork.com/, click
> on "Task List" and find the answer yourself.

Check out http://www.answersthatwork.com/, click
on "Task List" and

find the answer yourself.

CapeGuy,

Thank you for your kind response and resource link.

My question that you responded was about unchecking this as a start up item,
not about my first post that was already answered by Steve, that asked the
question what is SM1BG.EXE.

Steve, before you (see previous posts), referenced this link to me that you
suggested.

I read and understood what the answer to my first question in this thread
was on the site Answers That Work that Steve referenced.

I could not, however, find a reference to my direct question in the link
that you responded to (If I unchecked that file under the start up tab will
there be any adverse with my computer?) in the "Task List" information on
SM1BG.EXE about unchecking this as a start up item.

Also, I did read and understand the site's recommendation.

Recommendation :
Essential for the proper operation of your USB storage device.

Consequently, I have no intentions of deleting this file.

However, CapeGuy, my question is still goes unanswered by your response to
my post.

Leer, just a novice computer user trying to understand.

> However, CapeGuy, my question is still goes unanswered by your response to
> my post.

Leer, I felt that...
Recommendation :
Essential for the proper operation of your USB storage device
pretty much directly answered your question. Didn't you?

Well, then, why not point that out in a somewhat more civil manner in the first
place? ... Ben Myers

> Well, then, why not point that out in a somewhat more civil manner in the
first
> place? ... Ben Myers

Geez... it was a hasty post, but I didn't think it
was uncivil. Certainly not intended to be. Very
sorry if it sounded that way. Just trying to help.