OMG ! Don't buy P4's read this !

FUDDER

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
<b>Don't buy Pentium4 chips</b>, these things will spontaneously ignite, explode and then selfdestruct. There are hundreds, if not thousands of reports of users that witnessed this, <A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115166" target="_new">have a look here </A>

If you thought Northwood was bad, Prescott is even worse ! due to its smaller process and incredibly high temperatures, its even more likely to blow up before you even turn your computer on ! I swear, a friend of my sisters nephew knows at least two dozen people who have destroyed their Prescotts without even modding the motherboard ! He also told me P4EE burns through its cash like their is no tomorrow. Don't buy these POS chips ! And if you have one, I recommend you lower your FSB to half of what intel tells you, if you want it to work more than 2 weeks !

I am severly limited in what my mind can perceive.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Thank you FUDDER for putting the subject of dying oc'd cpu's into perspective on this forum :smile:

I do have the suspicion that a more known person is hiding behind this FUDDER handle so please at some point in time enlighten us of the forum nick you normally use. Myself, I am too green here to already identify you by your posting style :smile: but keep it up for a good laugh.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

FUDDER

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
>I do have the suspicion that a more known person is
>hiding behind this FUDDER handle so please at some point
>in time enlighten us of the forum nick you normally use.

my doctors tell me I suffer from "Split Personality Syndrome", so it could be the "other me" posts here under the FUGGER nick. I'm really ill you know.. I hate intel, my alter ego hates AMD. Whenever I bought an AMD machine, he would remove the heatsink and disable thermal protection so it burnt up, while I always overvolted his P4. So , together we tried building a dual cpu machine once, but it never quite worked; now we work on a watercooled VIA C3 :(

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
I really don't understand why people are so shocked. Maybe if they would have just overclocked it but overvolting over 1.7V has it's consequences. It's OK, you can continue buying Northwoods.

POST is way overrated, the black screen and beeps should be enough for most people.

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Hehe.. I got to say: I just *love* that signature.
:D

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
my doctors tell me I suffer from "Split Personality Syndrome", so it could be the "other me" posts here under the FUGGER nick. I'm really ill you know.. I hate intel, my alter ego hates AMD. Whenever I bought an AMD machine, he would remove the heatsink and disable thermal protection so it burnt up, while I always overvolted his P4. So , together we tried building a dual cpu machine once, but it never quite worked; now we work on a watercooled VIA C3 :(
O my poor Gollem/Shmeagol. Do post a picture once your precious (watercooled VIA C3) is done?

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
It is feb '04 and my P4 has been perfect since july '03.

----------------------
PIV 2.4c @ 2.89ghz
1gig PC3200 (512mbx2)
ASUS P4P800
GF3 Ti200 64mb (soon to be replaced)
WinXP Pro
3DMark2001SE: 6309
3DMark2003: 729

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"I do have the suspicion that a more known person is hiding behind this FUDDER handle so please at some point in time enlighten us of the forum nick you normally use."</font color=blue>

If you are hinting at "Fugger", I don't think so. Fudder's grammer, spelling, and expression are way too advanced for FUGGER to emulate. Even with grammer and spell checking...

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

eden

Champion
BWAHAHHA, way to do Fugger in!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

FUDDER

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
You have no idea how wierd Split Personality Syndrome can be. I could be perfectly well right handed, and my alter ego left handed. Or I could speak 7 languages, and my Fugger identiy only 1.. barely :)

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry,

But your FUGGER personality could not resist the impulse to rant, rave, and throw personal insults. You are not him. Now, this does not imply that you don't have Split Personality Syndrome. You very well may. But, FUGGER you are not. Good for you!

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
You have no idea how wierd Split Personality Syndrome can be. I could be perfectly well right handed, and my alter ego left handed. Or I could speak 7 languages, and my Fugger identiy only 1.. barely :)
Split Personality Syndrome? Ha! More like Disassociative Identity Disorder. :tongue:

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am truely honored, not only do you chant my name but you built a shrine. Thanks guys!

Im sure this thread not only racks up the AMD sales but shows the sheer genious it takes match wits with you guys.

Bravo, I like it and three thumbs up.

<b>"You haven't proven anything that once 64-bit support comes out, it will perform even better." -EDEN</b>

eden

Champion
I'm glad it took your heart away.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

eden

Champion
LOL, forum shrink comes to the rescue, hehhehe.

--

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
Are you my shrink ?
No, dear. I was just laughing at the thought of your personas having derived of their own accord. I would much more readily believe that they were a product of conscious choices. I suppose however that to the layman the humor is lost in the translation. :redface: Please forgive my outburst.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution

FUDDER

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
It is feb '04 and my P4 has been perfect since july '03.
Wooohoo, already over half a year ! impressive ! well, for a P4. Some guys have all the luck.
3DMark2001SE: 6309
3DMark2003: 729
Wooopidipooo ! Even more impressive.. well, for a P4 :)

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
OMG LOOK !! at all the stars(space Odyssey)...........It is like NHL Hockey friends root for their favourite team all year long then when My team the Detroit Red Wings are again in the Stanley cup Finals and all their favourite teams are Golfing they all start to root for the Red Wings and give me [-peep-] because they think I just started to root for them the same day.

That kind of [-peep-] pisses me off First of all I picked the Detroit Red Wings back in 1972 when it was Canada ver Russia and I wanted to watch the games in Colour on the only T.V on street that had Colour T.V at a friend of my Dads.

All the Men were in the sports Bar in the guys basement and I wanted in to watch the game and they said you cant watch unless you have a favourite NHL team and I am like 8 years old and say DUH I don't have a favourite team and they say OK who is your favourite Hockey Player and I Smile and Say GORDIE HOW and they all yell ok your favourite team is the Detroit Red Wings and Ta Da it has been ever since.

I did not pick AMD over Intel in quite the same manner but you get the Idea. However I see so many as of last month DIE HARD to the Death Intel fans all of a sudden for some strange reason become AMD fans.....

Well all I got to say about that is some of us were born smarter then Forrest Gump in the first place, the switch hitters on are the ones that look up to him.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid 12 Celsius
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
Well I just got out of bed it's 7:30 am so this should be good :)

Well I kinda was not calling you a Red Wings Fan (AMD) I was agreeing with the fact that you always seemed to be an AMD fan and let us both piss* on the lower Intel fans together that climbed over the fence only a few days or weeks ago.

Go Wings !!

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid 12 Celsius
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x