Finally got to RTU

My friend came over and we spent a hard day Sunday thinning the trees
on our property. Cut a dozen 50+ foot fir trees up for firewood and
chipped the rest. When we came in to cool off and have a few beers I
just wanted to crash but he really wanted to go play some pinball. I
agreed half-heartedly and we went to the gameroom. I started a game on
AFM without expecting much. The first couple of balls were poor and I
just wasn't into it since I was hot, sweaty, dirty and tired. The
third ball got launched into play and my mind was wandering as I
absent-mindedly flipped it around the field with sticky sap stained
fingers. I got an extra ball on points at 8 billion and another after
the third country and thought this was cool, but I really didn't
expect to go all the way since I've been to this point so many times
only to choke. Total Annihilation, Martian Multiball, Super Jets came
and went and I started really getting motivated. Lock multiball
started and I managed to get Super Jackpot. Whoo Hoo! Conquered mars
and only the 5-way combo stood between me and RTU. A few decent shots
and RTU lit up for the first time ever! A couple of missed shots, then
RTU! Wowee! What a rush. Finished with 29 billion and 56 martians.
That may not be much to a lot of you guys but it's taken me seven
months to get there. It's funny how sometimes when you really aren't
focused on the game shots just fall in place.
6 answers Last reply
More about finally

    Got over 4 billion on BSD after like 8 beers once. Couldnt beleive it!

    Good arguement for drinking beer! :o)

    I remember the first time I got RTU lit. I didn't realize you had to
    hit the drop hole to start RTU!! What a dumbass. I floundered around
    for a while thinking RTU should start and lost my last ball. When I
    realized what I had done I was pissed. Fortunately I made it back a
    few days later and actually got to RTU. What a rush.

    I like the way you need to do a variety of tasks to get RTU, rather
    than just completing X number of modes. What a great game.

    John

    heheh I skipped two classes in college to put up a 380M score on Totan.

    Congrats....
    time to get re-elected again!

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:09:29 -0500, "pincredible" <mrjmross@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Congrats....
    >time to get re-elected again!

    Elections? Bah! As Ruler of the Universe I have abolished all
    elections. :)

Games Video Games