Finally got to RTU

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2005 3:23:42 PM

My friend came over and we spent a hard day Sunday thinning the trees
on our property. Cut a dozen 50+ foot fir trees up for firewood and
chipped the rest. When we came in to cool off and have a few beers I
just wanted to crash but he really wanted to go play some pinball. I
agreed half-heartedly and we went to the gameroom. I started a game on
AFM without expecting much. The first couple of balls were poor and I
just wasn't into it since I was hot, sweaty, dirty and tired. The
third ball got launched into play and my mind was wandering as I
absent-mindedly flipped it around the field with sticky sap stained
fingers. I got an extra ball on points at 8 billion and another after
the third country and thought this was cool, but I really didn't
expect to go all the way since I've been to this point so many times
only to choke. Total Annihilation, Martian Multiball, Super Jets came
and went and I started really getting motivated. Lock multiball
started and I managed to get Super Jackpot. Whoo Hoo! Conquered mars
and only the 5-way combo stood between me and RTU. A few decent shots
and RTU lit up for the first time ever! A couple of missed shots, then
RTU! Wowee! What a rush. Finished with 29 billion and 56 martians.
That may not be much to a lot of you guys but it's taken me seven
months to get there. It's funny how sometimes when you really aren't
focused on the game shots just fall in place.

More about : finally rtu

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 3:50:07 PM

Got over 4 billion on BSD after like 8 beers once. Couldnt beleive it!
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:01:01 PM

Good arguement for drinking beer! :o )
Related resources
August 8, 2005 6:24:21 PM

I remember the first time I got RTU lit. I didn't realize you had to
hit the drop hole to start RTU!! What a dumbass. I floundered around
for a while thinking RTU should start and lost my last ball. When I
realized what I had done I was pissed. Fortunately I made it back a
few days later and actually got to RTU. What a rush.

I like the way you need to do a variety of tasks to get RTU, rather
than just completing X number of modes. What a great game.

John
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:25:01 PM

heheh I skipped two classes in college to put up a 380M score on Totan.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 10:09:29 PM

Congrats....
time to get re-elected again!

"Kenbo" <Kenbo@NOqsolvJUNKMAIL.com> wrote in message
> My friend came over and we spent a hard day Sunday thinning the trees
> on our property. Cut a dozen 50+ foot fir trees up for firewood and
> chipped the rest. When we came in to cool off and have a few beers I
> just wanted to crash but he really wanted to go play some pinball. I
> agreed half-heartedly and we went to the gameroom. I started a game on
> AFM without expecting much. The first couple of balls were poor and I
> just wasn't into it since I was hot, sweaty, dirty and tired. The
> third ball got launched into play and my mind was wandering as I
> absent-mindedly flipped it around the field with sticky sap stained
> fingers. I got an extra ball on points at 8 billion and another after
> the third country and thought this was cool, but I really didn't
> expect to go all the way since I've been to this point so many times
> only to choke. Total Annihilation, Martian Multiball, Super Jets came
> and went and I started really getting motivated. Lock multiball
> started and I managed to get Super Jackpot. Whoo Hoo! Conquered mars
> and only the 5-way combo stood between me and RTU. A few decent shots
> and RTU lit up for the first time ever! A couple of missed shots, then
> RTU! Wowee! What a rush. Finished with 29 billion and 56 martians.
> That may not be much to a lot of you guys but it's taken me seven
> months to get there. It's funny how sometimes when you really aren't
> focused on the game shots just fall in place.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:07:50 PM

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:09:29 -0500, "pincredible" <mrjmross@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Congrats....
>time to get re-elected again!

Elections? Bah! As Ruler of the Universe I have abolished all
elections. :)
!