How to connect my computer to my printer for scanning

Hello,
I am trying to scan a document and keep getting an error message - no connection. can anyone help me. I have a Toshiba laptop and HP prnter. Thank you for your time. Charline
5 answers Last reply
More about connect computer printer scanning
  1. model of hp printer?
  2. Are you able to print currently?

If yes, go to the manufacturer's and download the proper scanner drivers. You may need a client to scan. Personally, I have a Canon Pixma MP340 and in order to scan I needed to download the "Canon MP Navigator" software, you may need somethign similar.

If no, verify the connection. Plug the USB cable into a different port. If you are running Windows XP or newer, it should say something along the lines of "Checking for Drivers" when you connect it. If it connects, but cannot find a driver for it, go the the manufacturer's website and download the proper drivers for your model. If it is NOT connecting at all (you can verify by going Control Panel>Printers OR Devices and Printers (depending on your OS), and ensure that it's there), you either have all the USB ports on your computer broken, a bad cable, or a port where the cable plugs into the printer.
  3. manicmike said:
    you either have all the USB ports on your computer broken, a bad cable, or a port where the cable plugs into the printer.

Or you have an old printer that is not supported by a newer laptop (OS).

Off topic, But out of all of the posts that start with
    Hello,

How many actually come back and respond? Just wondering if there is some sort of bot generating the majority of these threads :p. Good luck OP. Like the name btw.
  4. my canon printer&scanner not working
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Connection Printers Computers Windows 7